Chapter 3- Filling In

Start from the beginning

"Baby." Adonis said coming behind me.

I sighed not even wanting to argue with him. I walked to his truck and got in and he got in the drivers seat. They prepared his truck in only two days. It doesn't even look any different.

He cut the air on in the car dropping his phone in the cup holder.

"Baby com'ere." He said in his deep voice gently grabbing my hand. I put my purse in the back seat before climbing over in his lap facing him.

I looked down watching him play with my belly piercing.

"I'm trying babe." He said looking down as I looked up at him. "I don't know how this boyfriend thing works. I know that I should just buy you nice things and care for you and buy you food when you want it cause I know how much of a pig you can be." He said in a chuckle making me hit his shoulder and laugh a little.

Then it died down and he got serious. "but I don't know how to do the things that show you that I love you and only want to be with you. I can buy you shit but I know it won't matter to you because we were born into this shit so you don't care about materialistic shit like other females would. I know it's the small shit that counts to you. So..."

He opened up the console and pulled out a gold and white corsage. He started at it before looking at me.

"I didn't know how to ask you or where I should ask you or even to ask you. At first I though well you my girl so I don't have to ask but I know small shit like that matters to you. I know this probably isn't how you would picture being asked to prom but I promise I'll get better at showing you I do care."

By then I had a pouty lip, my eyes were glossy and my heart was in awe.

"Xiomara, baby will you please go to prom with me?"  He asked with hopeful eyes but I wondered why.

"Of course I will baby." I wrapped my arms around his neck and he pulled me in for a kiss. I deepened it resting my hand on his chest. Soon I pulled back.

"I want you to know that I know your not use to this but I appreciate you trying babe. I really do."

"Thank you baby." He said.

"But when you asked me why did you have a hopeful look in your eyes? Like you wasn't sure I would say yes?"

"Because I wasn't. I mean I know I'm not the perfect boyfriend and as mad as the shit would make me, you probably wanted to go with someone else. I just really wanna go with you."

I smiled. "I only wanted to go with you. Even if someone did ask me and I went with them I know you would steal me away and probably hand cuff me to you."

"Damn right." He chuckled making me laugh.

"All I want is you." I said resting my hands on the side of his race. He nodded licking his lips.

"Well if we together then I think we should let our parents know." He said making me raise a brow.

"Really?" I said.

"Yea. I wanna show you I'm serious."

"Ok well we can stop by your house first since it's closer and we can pick up some food and maybe you can sleep over my house and we can tell every one there."

"That's a bet." He said.

I kissed him before sitting back in my seat and putting my seat belt on.

"I'm so nervous. I feel like I'm announcing my engagement or something." I laughed making him laugh.

*****