Chapter 12 - Interruptions

I turned my head slightly to steal a glance at him, but was met with a full on grin from a seemingly rather happy Brad. I smiled at him because I knew he'd caught me looking at him.

Turning away, I blushed slightly, looking where we were going. I know from experience to look where I'm going - on a walk - with Brad actually - a few years ago, I had made the mistake of looking up to a plane in the sky. Embarrassingly I had walked straight into a lamp post - and not realising it wasn't a person as I first thought, said sorry to it. Brad found this highly entertaining, and while I walked along beside him with a growing red bump on my forehead, he continued to remind me about it until we reached my front door. Not to mention the several weeks that followed.

'So...' I began tenderly, 'we're dating?'

'Um, well, I-' He was cut off by a woman who stuck her head out of car window which had pulled up from nowhere. It felt like it had come from nowhere anyway. The reality is I was probably too wrapped up in my thoughts to even acknowledge the sound of the engine crawling to a slow beside us. I was all ready to give her a lecture about how I'd been trying to talk to Brad about this subject all day and had finally just worked up the nerve to bring it up again and she just comes pulling up at the side of the road and interrupting our conversation, have I mentioned again. But Brad being the kind-hearted person he is gave her the directions she had asked for without complaining. Even though she looked about ten years older than him, she flashed him a flirtatious smile, much to my jealousy, before driving away, her tyres screeching as she picked up speed, swinging around the corner at a speed well above the limit.

I didn't dare ask my question again for my confidence had now fizzled out entirely. Lost. Gone. Leaving me to my imagination to speculate about what could have been said - what I wanted to have been said. What had I wanted him to say?

Walking beside me, Brad appeared to be thinking that the moment had gone as well for he was silent. The darkening sky was peaceful but a chill was creeping in. Few stars dotted the sky, barely visible, paths of millions of light years paving the ways of possible futures in between.

I spent the next few minutes of our walk not really seeing anything but the jumbled up words and images floating around in the back of my eyes. Brad's hand was still firmly wrapped around me so I let him guide my feet, knowing he wouldn't let me walk into anything again. So I took this opportunity to devise a foolproof plan where I could bring the topic of - us - up and he could answer without being interrupted.

But before I could really start to put the puzzle pieces together in my minds eye, I was drawn out of my thoughts by another hand appearing on my waist, a warm bag knocking against my leg and someone pulling me back with a 'Woah, we don't want a repeat of the lamp post.' It was now that I looked up to see the two shining gold numbers on my front door which read '48'.

'We got back fast...' I muttered out loud.

'Not really - you've been very quiet for, like, five minutes. You didn't really seemed to be focused, so I just let you think about whatever it is that you were thinking.' And that is why he is one of the greatest people ever. He just let me get on with my thinking without interrupting me or asking me what I was thinking about. Although, in this scenario, that may have been a way for me to bring up what I wanted to talk about.

'Oh.' I said simply, looking in confusion at my front door and thinking about how he'd stopped me from walking into it - like I knew he would - even though he'd have found it as entertaining, if not more, than last time because I was now three years older and should know better than to walk into front doors.

'What were you thinking about anyway?' Brad probed.

'Oh, err-' I realised this was my chance to ask him again - and having decided this, I was about to speak. But the abrupt opening of the front door dried up the words in my mouth.

'I thought I heard you two out here - did you forget your keys again Jen? Come inside, it looks like its about to rain again. And the food will go cold soon.' My mum seemed to have cheered up since her accident earlier - and I couldn't help but smile at this - although inside my head I was glaring at her for interrupting us again.

Honestly, how many more times are we going to be interrupted? Brad goes on tour soon... I can't remember when he leaves... But if I can't talk to him about this before then, I'm worried my chance will be gone. I know I won't be able to concentrate on anything else because I'll always be wandering what could have been, what might have happened... 

But didn't.

OK GUYS I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN LIKE A MONTH!!!! I've been so busy starting sixth form and going places and doing stuff. This would have been up earlier but I did quite a lot reworking adding some extra detail - the plot hasn't been changed don't worry, I was just trying to make it more a interesting and slightly longer - again I apologise for the fact it's not the longest chapter out there. AND WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT THE ENDING OF THIS CHAPTER? Who do you ship, Jenna and Brad or Jenna and Con?

Anyway, I thought it was about time I updated because I saw McFly at The Royal Albert on saturday an it was sooooooo amazing! Dougie played the organ, he's amazing. McBusted made an appearance AHHHHHH and Tom wrote mcFly the musical. They're all just amazing.

So, sorry for the delay and hopefully the next one will be up sooner - although for the time being updates might have to be fortnightly or every three weeks. Sorry for that but I need to prioritise my school work. 

I hope you understand and thank you if you do :)

SO EXCITED FOR CAN WE DANCE ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!! CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE RELEASING THEIR FIRST EVER SINGLE! PROUD FAN

Amy xxx

Posted: 25/09/13