Chapter 5 - The Anonymous Kiss

'When James turns the torch off, we will all move to an area of the room, and after ten seconds, you have to find one of us. Whoever you touch first you have to kiss, OK? For five seconds.' Tris explained once more, clarifying the rules and making sure I understood.

'Yep. I get it.' I said, a little unsure of what was about to happen. I had to accept that I was about to kiss one of the four boys I had known for a while - especially Brad - who had come to be brother-like figures to me. They always looked out for me if I had any problems, even though it wasn't their job too. Not having any older siblings myself, I suppose they felt that it was their job to do so. We were that close.

James turned the torch out, after shutting most of the curtains, leaving the room extremely dark - I literally couldn't see anything. You wouldn't have thought the room would be this dark just because of a storm outside and a power cut, with a few curtains drawn, but being later in the afternoon now, on an already horrible day where weather was concerned, it was very dark. A blindfold was not needed because the light coming through the windows was minimal - it offered no help to my sight, leaving the room in pitch-black darkness, like an abandoned cellar under a deserted building. The type of dark which is found in a dusty attic, or a rocky cave, undisturbed for years.

Waiting for the five seconds, I tried to get a feel for the room and remembered where I had been sat. I was now stood in this spot as I hadn't moved apart from standing up, and tried to visualise the placement of the furniture around me from this perspective. After the ten seconds were up, I started moving forward slowly. The boys were silent, I couldn't even hear them breathing. Wow, they were taking this seriously! I was feeling out in front of me for the sofa, because I thought that I was in that area, when more thunder rolled across the sky, making me jump; I let out a little yelp and fell into something. It felt like the armchair. So I was a little over from where I thought I was. Not to worry, I knew where I was now - but I thought I heard a snigger from a place to my left, so I headed towards the sound.

On my way over there I crashed into the coffee table, creating a clatter as some of the coasters which were on it fell onto the floor. It was very hard to navigate around a room full of furniture in the dark! Though, I should know my way around this room upside down and back to front; I had spent so much time in here over the years.

I put my hands out and felt something warm, so I moved a little closer to feel it more. Once I had established it was a person, my heart race picked up, nerves wracking my body. I was about to experience my first kiss, and I wondered which one of the boys I was sharing it with. Taking a deep breath, I put my hands on his shoulders and moved in closer for the kiss. I could feel and hear him breathing, soft tickles of air falling onto my lips.

I finally closed the distance, although slowly, and felt another pair of lips touch mine.

I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't that they would kiss back. I felt his lips push against mine with a gentle pressure, and I noticed how perfectly our lips moulded together. Naturally. Without even knowing who it was I was kissing, I felt an immediate connection, the electricity flowing through me. My body was tingling, but no place more so than my lips. My unknown, yet chosen, person moved their hands to my waist, resting them there carefully.

I couldn't remember what Tristan said... was it three seconds, or five seconds?

The kiss had clouded my brain, so I went with three seconds, not wanting to overdo it or possibly lengthen a kiss which wasn't meant to be lengthened. When I pulled apart, the person mumbled quietly into the small space between us - I was still very close.

'Jen, it was five seconds, not three.'

He moved back in, eager to finish the kiss - I felt as if he wasn't playing by the rules anymore, but for his own pleasure. Who out of the boys would want to kiss me? The thought pulsed through my brain before I recognised whose voice it was -  again my thoughts were blurry and unfocused by the thrill I was experiencing from my first kiss, his lips once again against mine.

I froze in the kiss. Time seemed to freeze with me.

I didn't need a face to realise who that voice belonged to. It had become a prominent part of my life and I would recognise it anywhere.

Hey! I apologise for the fact that this chapter is short, but I hope the plot makes up for it ;) I'll post again soon, probbaly this time next week, as I am working on a new The Vamps fanfic, so watch out for that in about two weeks time :) Also, I am trying to update MOT on Sunday :)

Dedicated to @emmzstar_writes because her fanfic I'm Yours is amazing, so if you're liking my story, then you'll love hers!

Thank you so much for reading... vote... comment... smile :D

Amy xxx

Posted: 03/07/13