Chapter 6 - Revealed

'Brad?' I whispered two seconds later, when he had seemingly reluctantly let me go, removing his hands from my waist.

I didn't want this to come between us and our friendship, but there was no denying the electricity I had felt throughout the kiss. Why did Brad lengthen our kiss though? I remembered what Bradley had said about the girl he likes when we playing the truth game... perhaps he was talking about me? But I didn't believe that I was any of the things he said.

'That's me.' He chuckled softly.

'I, errr, um, what, why, I- I-' I didn't have a clue what to say and my disjointed words came out stumbling. Why did I feel the need to say something and ruin such a perfect moment? No words had needed to be spoken.

The lights flickered back on. Without realising, in the dark, we had been looking into each others eyes. Blushing, I averted my gaze to the window - James had just opened the curtains - discovering that the lashing rain had now slowed to its original drizzle. I could go home and hopefully avoid making this situation awkward.

James and Tristan started cheering incredibly loudly, jumping up and down tooting when they saw us. Connor joined in, however much less enthusiastically. He looked... dejected. Once again, I was confused as to why.

Bradley grinned, leaning in and whispered in my ear. 'Didn't you enjoy that though?'

I had to admit, I did. I loved it. Kissing Brad felt right, even though he's my best friend, it just felt perfect. There are so many stories of people being best friends and then kissing and falling in love, but I never believed them. To me, they had always been unobtainable fairy tale endings with a Prince Charming and a happily ever after. But... Maybe... Bradley was my Prince Charming... And my happily ever after?

In reply, I nodded my head ever so slightly and winked at him, biting my lip as I did so. Turning away, I walked past the others and upstairs to change back into my clothes. Once I had, I called down the stairs to Brad.

'Would you like me to take your clothes home and wash them? Thanks so much for letting me borrow them!' Feeling like I had ruined our perfect moment, I walked back into his room. I knew he would say no because he always did when I had borrowed his clothes, and we were so close he didn't really care. But every time I asked out of manners and courtesy. I didn't borrow his clothes often, but when I did, I always offered.

Instead of shouting back up the stairs to me, Brad came up. 'No, it's ok.' He took them from me and put them straight back into his drawer.

'Err Brad, don't you want to wash them then?'

'Why, are you dirty?'

'No, I had a shower this morning, like I do every morning. And I had a shower outside your door which is why I had to borrow your clothes in the first place.'

'No. Why would I need to wash them then when you've worn them? I don't mind wearing them after you.'

He started to move closer to me, until he wrapped me in a hug. Mumbling into my hair, he spoke. 'Plus they smell of you now, so why would I wash them?'

I blushed into his shoulder, smiling. Bradley stopped hugging me, but didn't let go of me completely - his hands resting on my sides just above my waist. An intimate position which he hadn't ever done casually before.

I looked into his deep chocolate brown eyes, seeing my own blue ones reflected back perfectly in his dark black pupils. He lifted a hand to gently move some hair out of my face and tuck it carefully behind my hair. This was my movie moment.

He blinked before leaning in and caressing my lips with his own. His hand was still resting softly on my hair and face, as our lips moved in sync. Closing my eyes, I kissed back with a little more force than before. Bradley eagerly responded by doing the same.

When we pulled apart Brad rested his forehead on mine, again looking into my eyes. 'Pretty perfect day.'

'It was.' I replied, happily. I didn't want that moment to end, but I needed to go home if I was to do well in the five exams I had coming up this week. It was going to be so much fun! Not.

Sighing, I pulled away from Brad, putting my hoodie on and zipping it up. Obviously not wanting space between us, Bradley moved closer to me, scooping my hair onto one side running his hands through it as he did so.

'Having fun?' I decided to tease him.

'Mmmmmm.' He replied, picking up my hair and stuffing it in my hood, before pulling it over my head and pulling on the strings to make it bunch around my face.

'What are you doing?'

'Keeping you dry.'

'But I'm still inside.'

'I'm preparing you. And you look really cute.' Some colour rose to his cheeks, mirrored on my own face.

'Thanks Brad.' To be honest, no one had ever complimented me like that before, so I wasn't entirely sure how to reply. But we've kissed - twice now - so I don't know why I was making such a big deal out of it. Perhaps it was because I was finally letting myself admit my feelings slightly... I wasn't too sure.

Leaning once more, I kissed him on the cheek before leaving his room. He stayed there too, until he came to life and followed me down the stairs and past the demolished drum kit - which reminded me - I had offered that Connor walk home with me - at least to his bus stop anyway.

Turning around I asked Brad if I could borrow one of his Umbrella's as the rain had picked up again slightly, but I couldn't stay any longer. Picking one up, I called Connor. Once we both had our shoes on and I had made sure I had my phone, I gave Brad one last hug. He whispered ever so subtly in my ear 'I want to see you soon, ok?' I nodded my head in the hug and added a barely audibly 'yes' - loud enough for just Brad to hear - to make sure he knew I had heard him. Tris and James came through too, both offering me a hug.

'Good luck with the rest of your exams Jen!' Tris shouted.

'Yeah good luck!' James agreed, 'how many have you got left?

'Six. Five this week and one next Tuesday, then I'm freeeeeeeeee!'

'Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! You can spend all of your time with us then!' Tris joked.

'Not playing your weird games though Tris.'

He laughed. As Connor and I were about to leave, he said 'I haven't forgotten about my drums Con, or the conversation between you and Jen earlier. I shall get my revenge.'

'Well bye then!' Connor hurried me out of the door - I just about had a chance to put the large umbrella up before we got wet.

The last thing I saw before the door was shut was Bradley's confused face.

Heya! How are you all? I really hope you liked this chapter because it's my favourite so far and I've been waiting ages to post it! Are you guys happy it was Brad that Jen kissed? What are your thoughts? Would you have preferred it to be someone else?

I've decided that I will post the next chapter of this story on Wednesday's, and stick to MOT on Sundays. The next part WILL be up by Sunday for that, I'm determined not to leave it any longer.

Dedicated to @jellymorgan62 for reading my story last week. She also has an amazing Vamps fanfic called Chasing McVey so you guys should definitely read it!

Thank you so much for reading!

Amy xxx

Posted: 10/07/13