Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

Demi Lovato's POV:

I sit in a coffee shop with my black hood pulled up over my head, my sunglasses over my eyes to not draw attention to myself.

It's been a few day since I flew here to Sydney to ask Sophie to sing with me. I never expected the answer I received, I don't understand why. She sang for me when I was sitting in my rehab room clawing at my face, withdrawing from the drugs I came down off the illegal drugs I was using. I want to sing with her and help her get noticed. She supported me as an artist even though I never knew. She is an amazing girl. It isn't hard to see why the people in her love her because she is so kind and gentle. She loves hard.

I'm knocked out of my thoughts by the pressure of someone's hand on my shoulder. I look up through my glasses to find Avril looking at me laughing. I'm guessing at my extreme effort to keep my identity a secret.

"Why are you laughing?" I ask confused as she slides into the seat across from me.

"I'm not the one drawing attention to us you are. You look so suss right now," Avril chuckles sliding into the seat across for me.

I look over the woman in front of me, she wears black skinny jeans with a plain black t-shirt and faded black converses. Her hair slips around her shoulder as barely any make up lays upon her white skin. She looks so normal but no one seems to notice her. A well known singer just sitting in a small Sydney diner with no one looking her but instead I draw peoples attention. I sigh, pulling off my hood but leaving my sunglasses in place, hoping that no one will recognize me. No one really knows I am here.

"You asked me to come talk with you which generally means you actually have to talk Demi," Avril chuckles softly.

"I'm sorry. I should explain why I asked you here," I speak softly.

"That would be helpful ya know," Avril chuckles.

I sigh,"I came here to talk to Sophie and I did that last night. But when I decided to get on plane to come here I didn't realise that the girl I met when she came to my concert wouldn't be the person I met last night."

Avril frowns confused,"What do you mean? You gotta explain yourself Lovato."

"I asked her to come to LA next week to perform a duet with me at my concert for that night but she said no."

Sophie's POV:

I groan loudly, flopping onto our king sized bed painfully. Brooklyn and I have spent all day moving everything from my old apartment into the new house and my whole body is aching. I've been vomiting nearly every morning for the past week making my body ache.

"Hey baby," Brooklyn says softly, leaning against the doorway.

"Hey," I groan.

"You're a little sore, aren't you babe?" Brooklyn asks.

She sits down next me on the bed. Pulling me into her lap, my head laying against her shoulder with her arms wrapped protectively around me. She leans down kissing my head softly.

"How about you go for a shower and I'll finish off Layla's room. That way it's ready for when we pick her up tomorrow," Brooklyn says softly, rubbing her hand up and down my back trying to comfort me.

I nod, climbing off my beautiful girlfriend's lap. I grab a towel, walking into our new bathroom, shutting the door behind myself but not locking it. My head is spinning slightly but I try to ignore it.

I strip my sweaty clothes from my body. I step into the shower, turning the knobs until the water flows down over my weak body. I feel the vomit rising up my throat, making me dizzy.