Chapter four

Chapter four; Missing.
"I love you, Holland. -Mum."
-
"Mum I'm home." Holland calls throughout the house as she opens the front door to find an empty house.

"Mum?" She asks out with concern written all over her worried face. She walks around the whole house, not finding her mother anywhere.

Holland runs into the kitchen, now completely worried and hot tears hide behind her big hazel eyes.

As soon as she enters the kitchen she instantly finds a yellow sticky note slapped onto the fridge door.

I love you, Holland. -Mum.

Holland pulls the note off the fridge as the salty tears run down her face, ruining the makeup she took forever to do. What she also notices is the wine cupboard, completely empty - as if nothing had ever been there.

"I'll leave it for tomorrow and see if she comes back." Holland says to herself, ridding the tears with the back of her sleeve and shuffling up the stairs.

-

"Mum?" Holland calls out after waking up and changing into her casual clothes.

No answer.

Holland reaches out for her phone that was sitting on the bench from last night, and she calls her closest friend and family member - Jared.

"Hello?" His husky voice asks, she could tell she had just accidentally woken her cousin up as its 6:30am.

"Jared, can you come to my house as soon as possible?" She asks, pacing around the room nervously in hope he'll say yes.

"Why are you okay?" His voice fills with concern and worry as he asks his cousin what's wrong.

"No I'm not. Please hurry." Holland almost yells, re-reading the yellow note clutched in her shaking hands. It sadly didn't change to 'Be home soon.'

-

"What's wrong what happened?" Jared bursts out as soon as Holland opens the front door.

"I think mums run away." Holland answers, shoving the sticky note on his chest then pulling him towards the empty alcohol cabinet.

"Oh my god, have you tried calling her?" He questions while pulling his long brown hair out of his face in frustration.

"I thought of that - But I also checked her room, everything is still there except for a toothbrush." Holland says, wiping the stained tears on her face.

Jared pulls her into a tight and much needed hug, wrapping his large arms around her small and petite body.

"We will find her, don't worry. Should we call the police?"

"No you can't unless the person has been missing for twenty four hours." She informs her cousin, slumping herself onto the black leather couches in the lounge room.

"Let's just pretend she has. I'll get the phone."

-

"Are you coming to babysit today?" Jensen asks through the phone, yelling over the police sirens coming from Holland's side.

Holland shakes her small head, not knowing what to do. Even though Jensen couldn't see her, he knew she was hurting inside.

"What's wrong?" He asks with worry and horror in his voice, as he discovers the police sirens were not coming from a reality TV show playing on her television.

"I um, it's alright I don't want to worry you. I'm sorry but Jared has to come over and help me with something so he can't either." Holland pulls a curly strand of hair behind her throbbing ears and cringes.

"I guess I can ask Misha. But as soon as he's watching JJ I'm coming right over to help you." Jensen cuts the line before Holland can protest.

She throws her phone onto the couch and runs back outside to see the police holding a naked, but thankfully covered with a blanket, lady shivering with a bottle of vodka clutched in her arms.

"Mum!" Holland screams, charging over to her mother and pulling her into a tight hug. Her mother flinches at her touch, and tries to squirm out.

"Get off me!" Holland gasps at what she just said and takes a few steps back onto the road, Jared screams out her name but Holland has no idea what he's saying.

She turns her head into the direction Jared was pointing to see Jensen riding his bike quickly in her direction. The bike hits her body with a huge force and Holland falls to the wet road, hitting her head on the hard curb.