"That should work nicely," Taryn said, walking over to the gazebo.

"I'm going to have a small buffet set up on the patio so people can have a snack afterwards," Mary continued.

Taryn told Mary she liked all her plans. She hoped it wasn't too much trouble.

"Of course not, dear," Mary said, shaking her head. "I've planned charity events for hundreds of people. This is nothing."

Taryn decided to take her word for it. They talked about the flowers for Taryn's bouquet before going inside the house.

They found Gideon and Claude watching a golf game on t.v.

"Don't get too comfortable, you two," Mary said in her no-nonsense voice. "The chairs are being delivered this afternoon and so is the wedding cake."

"Yes, ma'am," Gideon said, winking at Taryn.

Mary ignored him as she gave Claude a few other chores to do.

"Come on, son," Claude said, standing up. "Let's go clean up the patio."

The guys went outside while Mary asked Taryn if her gown needed to be steamed or anything.

"I don't think so," Taryn replied. "Hopefully it didn't get wrinkled from the trip up here."

Mary asked if she could see the dress. They went up to Taryn's room so she could show it to her.

"Oh, Taryn, it's exquisite," Mary said. "I love all the beading."

"Isn't it gorgeous?" Taryn asked, starting to feel excited. "I hope Gideon likes it."

"I'm sure he will, dear," Mary said.

Mary told Taryn that she'd hired a stylist to come do her hair and makeup on the day of the wedding.

"Really? Wow, that's so nice of you!" Taryn exclaimed. "What a relief for me. I'm not very good at that kind of stuff."

Mary smiled.

"You deserve to be pampered on your wedding day," Mary said. "I don't want you to worry about anything."

"I'm trying not to worry, but I still feel nervous," Taryn said.

"It's okay to feel nervous," Mary said. "Most brides feel that way. It's normal."

Taryn nodded, grateful that Mary understood.

***************************

The following day was a busy one at the Bishop house. Caterers were coming and going. Kim and Charlie showed up around lunch time. They were staying at the house, too. Taryn and Gideon were happy to see them. Kim thought the back yard was perfect for an outdoor wedding. Her enthusiasm made Taryn feel less nervous and more excited.

The officiant came after lunch to meet with Gideon and Taryn. They discussed the ceremony and made sure the paperwork was in order. The chairs were set up in front of the gazebo and it started to look like a wedding venue in the back yard. That night Mary made a special dinner for everyone. The six of them had a great time laughing and drinking a bit of wine. The guys made jokes about marriage and the women talked about the wedding. Mary seemed to have everything under control. She was amazing.

Soon enough it was time for everyone to go to bed. Taryn was sleeping in a separate room from Gideon so he wouldn't see her until the  ceremony the next day. She didn't want to be apart from him, but she didn't want to jinx the wedding, either.

"I'm going to miss you," she said to Gideon when they were alone in the hallway outside her room.

"Me too," he said, putting his arms around her. "Just think... tomorrow night at this time, you'll be Mrs. Bishop."