Flowers -Ritsu Kasanoda-

Kasanoda x reader

First, if your eyes meet his, you'll suffer three months of nightmares; second, if his shoulders bumps into yours, you'll end up in the hospital; and finally, if you talk back to him, you're going straight to the graveyard.

That's the kind of person Ritsu Kasanoda is. You've heard your friends call him "The Walking Blizzard"
And you believed it, Ritsu Kasanoda was often quick to anger and would glare at virtually anybody.

Well, you believed it until one day where you just happened to visit the gardening club.

~~~

The lunch bell rang and you didn't know where to eat today, it was lunch and you had no where to sit. All your friends were absent from school, they were idiots and decided to swim in the cold, so they all got sick.
Other students began filing out of the classroom and to the lunchroom, or wherever they eat.

You sighed, it would be awkward to ask to sit at a lunch table with people you didn't even know...you stood in the classroom thinking, your bento in hand.
You looked out the window and saw the greenhouse, it always had such beautiful flowers in it. The Gardening Club is really amazing. You decided to eat there.

~

As you walked towards the greenhouse, you saw a shadowy figure from inside the foggy glass of the large greenhouse. Were they here to eat too, or were they from the Gardening Club? They looked like they were holding a flower pot, so they were probably from the gardening club.

You cautiously opened the door and quietly stepped inside. The pleasant scent of flowers hits you immediately.
You smile and looked around, the greenhouse was one of the most beautiful places on campus. When you first saw it, you nearly missed class while looking around at the flora.

Then you spotted the shadowy figure from before, it was a guy with long red hair. He was putting a lovely purple flower into a flower pot, humming softly. You watched the man in silence, he was really gentle with the way he handled the flower, it kind of surprised you, since he had a big and strong figure.

"Excuse me?" You decided to talk to the man.

The man jumped and slowly turned around, the look on his face nearly gave you a heart attack!
He was glaring at you irritably and his face was really red. Was he angry? Was that why he's red? It didn't matter, he was really frightening.

"I-I'm sorry for bothering you! I just wanted to find a nice p-place to eat!" You stuttered anxiously while reaching for the doorknob, "I'll find another place!"

"Eh...?  N-No, you can stay, I wasn't bothered." The guy said, "I just didn't expect anybody else was here." He admitted, he only glared from surprise, it was his bad habit.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I just thought you were angry at me and I panicked..." You muttered, slowly walking over to the guy to talk with him, "I-Im (Y/N), what's yours?"

"I'm Ritsu Kasanoda, heir to the Kasanoda syndicate." He responded casually, as if it didn't matter.

But that sentence made your blood run cold. So he was the infamous Ritsu Kasanoda, the so called "Walking Blizzard". It made you even more nervous to talk to him, you've heard a lot about this guy; none of them were good things.

"Oh," you responded, "Um, so w-why aren't you eating right now...? It's lunch time." You questioned, trying to make a proper conversation between you two.

"I-I was going to after I was done checking up on the flowers, this little guy needed to be re-potted." Ritsu explained with slight nervousness and held up the potted purple flower.

"Are you in the Gardening Club?!" You asked, shocked and amazed that a frightening guy could possibly be in such a peaceful club like the Gardening Club.

"Uh...y-yeah. It calms me down and I'm pretty good at it..." He looked down with a hand placed behind his neck timidly.

Amazed by this revelation, you began to see how Ritsu Kasanoda wasn't as frightening as some may make him out to be. You now believed that he was only misunderstood, majorly misunderstood.

You smiled up at him, "It looks like you're good at it too. That flower is beautiful," You pointed at the lovely purple flower he was holding, "What kind is it?"

Ritsu was very confused that such a cute girl was trying to make conversation with him, in his past experiences they all took one look at him and ran far away. Well, except Haruhi.
Maybe this girl in front of him was just being nice; but he saw that she was really startled when she first entered the Greenhouse, perhaps she just calmed down. Ritsu was still skeptical of her.

Ritsu looked down at the purple flower he held, "Its a Siberian Iris, they need a lot of water so I usually come out here during lunch to water them but they looked like they needed to be re-potted."

"They're really pretty, um, you wouldn't mind if you showed me a little bit more of the Greenhouse...right?" You asked, you were interested in the Greenhouse that was very well taken care of. And it seemed that Ristu helped a lot with making the Greenhouse as luscious and alive as it is.

"Heh? You...You want me to show you around?!" Ritsu asked, clearly puzzled as to why the girl was asking him of all people. Wasn't this girl afraid of him like everyone else?

You nodded as a small smile graced your lips, "Y-yeah...you seem like a good guy and, well, I don't believe all the rumors about you anymore..."
You looked at Ritsu and saw that he had red cheeks again and looked somewhat flustered.

"O-Of course I can show you around," He coughed and looked anywhere but you, "Let's start with some of the trees..."

Ritsu began to explain plant after plant as you listened intently. He knew a lot about each one, he explained how you would take care of one and the difference between two similar plants. You then completely forgot about your lunch as you followed him around the greenhouse listening and learning from Ritsu.
You began to really see how the Ritsu Kasanoda, the Walking Blizzard, wasn't a bad guy at all. He was just awkward and somewhat lonely.

~~~~~

"So, Ritsu, I'll see you tomorrow?" You asked cheerfully as you and Ritsu heard the school bell ring, signalling your lunch was over.

"Yeah...we can meet here again. I'm usually here anyway." He said as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"That's good, maybe we can actually eat lunch tomorrow too." You laughed as you looked at your untouched bento.

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow, (Y/N)" Ritsu started to walk towards the exit of the greenhouse, he wore a tiny smile as he waved goodbye to you.

"See you! I had fun!" You smiled widely and waved bye.

Ritsu was glad you didn't see his completely red face as he shut the door.

_______________________________________________

Phew! I haven't updated in a while, sorry! Summer has been a bit busy for me.

But, tell me if you liked it or not; constructive feedback is always good.

I believe Kasanoda deserves more attention too. Give him more love! :)

Bye Bye~