Chapter 1: Amnesia

Where was I? Why can't I remember anything?

Darkness stopped me from questioning anymore as I faded back into a sea of unconsciousness.

The next time I woke up it was to someone calling out to me, but who?

"Hey are you alright? Wake up, please." I finally found the strength to open up my eyes and look around to see a Pikachu in front of me. I nearing screamed as I jumped back and away from it. "Wait, I don't want to hurt you, I just wanted to know if you were alright. You were passed out here a little bit and I was wondering if you were ever going to wake up." I just stared at it amazed that I, a human, could understand this Pokémon.

"Wait, how can you talk?" I asked confused finally. It seemed just as confused and amazed as I was.

"Wait, you can understand me?!" I nodded once. "Wow, I've never met a human that could understand Pokémon before." I looked around at the world around me.

"I have to ask, but where am I?"

"This is the Kanto region, are you from another region?" The Pikachu asked.

"I don't know; I can't remember anything from a few minutes ago." I frowned at the lack of knowledge I had about the situation I was in.

"Stay here. I'll go and find my trainer." The Pikachu rushed off towards a nearby house. A few seconds later a man with red hair and matching red eyes came running out with a woman with brown hair and gray eyes.

"This is her." Pikachu said pointing at me.

"Pikachu, why did you bring us to this girl?" The woman asked confused. Pikachu sighed and looked at me.

"Could you explain to them for me?" He asked.

"Pikachu found me unconscious here. I don't remember anything about where I came from or who I was. All I know is that my name is Katherine. Please can you help me?" I asked. The two individuals looked at each other worried and then the man picked me up carefully as I winced in pain.

"She's hurt, look at her neck." I touched my neck lightly and heat flared up causing me to cry out in pain.

"We need to get her to a hospital and fast." They rushed towards the nearest town. Pikachu following close behind us. I shivered as the pain in my neck throbbed.

"Hang on, Katherine. We're almost to the hospital." When we got to the hospital finally Nurse Joy rushed over.

"What happened to this girl?" She asked shocked at my condition.

"We don't know, my Pikachu found her like this and led us to her. She doesn't remember anything about what happened other than the fact that her name is Katherine. Please Nurse Joy you have to help her." The woman pleaded.

"I'll do what I can." She said as a Chansey came over with a stretcher. I was set on it gently and then an oxygen mask came over my nose and mouth. I slowly closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

~

Some time passed before I woke up again, but when I did I didn't have nearly as much pain in my neck as before. I looked around gently to see that the Pikachu that had found me was curled up next to me in the bed.  I reached my hand up and rubbed his head gently. His ears twitched and he finally opened his eyes to see me awake.

"You're awake!" I smiled and rubbed his head some more.

"Y-"My voice cut off before I could say yes.

"Don't try to talk, I overheard that your throat was severely burned and so it's going to take some time for you to be able to speak again, but I'm glad you're awake. I would have been sad if the first person who could understand me didn't make it." I nodded and that's when the door opened revealing the two people who had brought me here.