Untitled Part 8

Damn this pain. I slowly open my eyes so they can adjust to the light even though its dim in this room that smells like Japanese Blossoms. Japanese Blossoms. Shit I'm in Aury's room. When did I get here? Why don't I remember anything? Fuck. My head hurts. I need to find her. I try to push myself off the bed but a pang of discomfort in my back stops me from doing so. Damn it Aury where are you?

As if on cue, this magical angel steps in wearing white shorts with a white tank top and golden hair around her shoulders. Am i in heaven?

She looks at me and slightly jumps back almost spilling the water in the--too small-- glass cup. I notice she has some aspirin in her other hand and smiles wryly at me.

My angel is none other than Aury Beato, who always seems to show up at the right time. God, thank you for sending her down my path.

"Good morning sleepy head. How'ya feeling?" She hands me the items in her hand and i gratefully pop the pills in my mouth and gulp down the water.

"Like a million bucks." I mutter and rest my head against the tufted headboard.

"I bet." A small smile crosses her lips before her eyebrows furrow.

"What is it?" I ask knowing that look.

She sighs. "I was worried about you. You gave my dad and I one helluva scare."

I close my eyes feeling the aspirin kicking in. "What do you mean?" Im confused as ever.

"Well its been two days and you wouldn't wake up. My dad was going to take you to the hospital today, but I know how you are when it comes to your mom.." She rambled on and on but I couldn't seem to pay attention except for the part where ive been here for 2 days unconscious.

"Why am I here again? And why was I unconscious?" I ask her as if she knows the answer to my question. Maybe she does.

"You tell me." Nope. She doesn't know. "What happened for you to come running half conscious into the café at 12am?" She looks at me as if I know the answer to her question. Funny thing is that unlike her, I do. Except I dont remember quite this instant.

I let out an exasperated sigh. God I'm really tired. "I dont know Aury, I cant remember." 

I push myself up the headboard and catch a glimpse of a little purple dot under my right arm. The more I stare at it the more visible it appears and my heart nearly stops beating. Bruise. I turn my arm and glance at my other arm. My eyes go wide. Bruises everywhere.

I pull the sheets off of me and make my way to her mirror on the door, ignoring the pain in my whole body.

"Gia wait," she says trying to stop me but Im already standing infront of it, staring at my reflection.
I gasp and cover my mouth with my hand. This cant be real.

There's bruises on my legs, my arms, my face . All of the sudden flashbacks come rushing in like a roller coaster.
...

You could at least be thankful that i'm okay!

Thankful? I would be thankful once you actually get the fuck out of my life!

All you've done is cause trouble all your damn life.

I would've been grateful, if you'd actually died right then and there, then i wouldn't have to worry about you no more.

Ever since Jeremiah left, everything fucked up and its all because of you.

What is this?

"What about dad huh? Why did he leave? Was it because he stopped loving you when he realized how big of a--" I stopped myself before anything could come out of my lips, but only because a sting came from my right cheek making me stumble back.