(1) What Is This Town's Seceret To Madness

Story set in third person

Frank Iero wished he lived in a normal town.

He wished that his life was at least somewhat normal and that he wasn't different.

He wished that he wasn't even alive sometimes because nothing else could be worse than here.

In this town.

In this point of time.

Because it was Halloween everyday here because every night there was no escaping the creatures that lurked. The creatures that had the night but not the day. The creatures who had to come out at a certain time after the siren sounds after the sun goes down.

Everyone likes summer more because the sun goes down later which means there's more times to be out with friends.

Until the siren sounded because those creatures taking over the town ages ago, driving every human into fear if they went out at night. Sometimes, if you were outside and your parents knew, they'd consider you dead because there's a good chance you won't make it back home. The police wouldn't go looking for you if you went missing because everyone would know what happened.

Everyone would know that they got you.

Those creatures that lurk in the darkness during the day but dance in the moonlight whilst feeding at night.

There's a contract, you see.

A contract that had these words written in big, bold letters because it was the most important part of the agreement.

Any human out after dark once the siren has rung is fair game to any night creature who ponders and catches this human

And that's that.

If you're out and your snatched up by something dark, you don't have rights. You can't call for help because it's your fault for disobeying the rules.

Frank wished everything here was normal but it's not. It's not because they had creatures ruining and dictating their lives. What's worse though is that they can never leave truly. Sure, you can go places outside of town with a signed permission slip, but you can never move away. You can't escape because if you try... no one actually knows what happens to the people who've tried.

There are some who have escaped and gotten away, but they seem like myths. It's hard to hide your scent from a night crawler. Hell hounds have one of the strongest nose out of all of them which meant they were for people who tried to sneak out. Hell hounds were very intelligent creatures and if you tried to leave without authorization, they'll know. People believe that all the beasts can talk with each other telepathically, given the reason on how the hell hounds would know if someone wasn't allowed to leave.

Now Frank Iero wanted to live a normal life. He wanted to have friends and not sit in the corner of the lunch room because he didn't have any one to communicate with. Frank wanted to have people to talk to other than forced project partners, his teachers, and his mom. Yeah, his mom was cool, but what teenage boy wants to talk to their mom all the time because she's their only friend?

Not Frank.

Muffled words were starting to pull Frank from his thoughts, writing his own story in his head when he managed to escape this above ground hell.