Naruto chuckled. That irked Ino somewhat but she just crossed her arms and waited for anexplanation.

"Well, Ino-chan, inthat order, I was training my body and chakra control, I was using chakra to stick to the tree to improve control and stamina, and theselittle bars are chakra weights set at ten pounds each and I'm holding them to me like I held myself to the trees. Iruka-sensei taught us the leaf balancing exercise, this is just my variation on it to improve chakra control and my physical strength and stamina atthe same time." Naruto said calmly.

Ino and Sakura weregaping in shock. Kurenai was very impressed with Naruto. He'd not only learned two chakra control exercises ,even though one was already made but still it's the thought that counts, but modified them to give him greater control as well as physical training.

Hinata, who snapped out of her fantasies involving multiple Narutos, listened to him from thestart of his explanation. She was even more impressed by him thanbefore. "Naruto-kun."

When Kurenai straightened up, she crossed her arms and looked at her team-to-be."Alright, enough wasting time. Before you are assigned any missions as a team, you must complete the jounin provided 'true' genninexam."

Sakura, Ino, and Hinatalooked shocked while Naruto looked bored. "Did he already know?" Kurenai asked herself.

"B-But Kurenai-sensei," Sakura asked, "we already passed the gennin exam, didn't we?"

Kurenai shook her head."Yes you passed the basic skill qualifications, but not the team test and gennin overall function test. The first made sure you had basic gennin level skills. This will determine if you are really ready to be gennin." She stated.

"S-so w-what do we h-have to d-do Kurenai-sensei?" Hinata asked in her usual timid voice.

"It is simple."Kurenai responded, "all you have to do is retrieve an item for me in a two hour time limit and then bring the item to me. You'll also have to tell me what each of you did to get it and if you fail to getthe item before two hours is up you'll all be sent back to the academy." She said with a sickly sweet smile.

The three girls looked pale, but Naruto smirked. He walked up behind the girls and wrapped his arms around their shoulders. Ino and Sakura in one arm, Hinata in another.

Hinata had to use all of her will power not to faint from embarrassment and delight. Sakura smiled at the gesture, and Ino smiled, but also blushed slightly and twiddled her finger in a very Hinata-like fashion. "No problem Kurenai-sensei. With the three most talented kunoichi of our class with me, we'll be fine." He said with a smile and absolute confidence in his teammates. They all smiled at his praise and vowed to make sure it wasn't misplaced.

Kurenai smiled too."The boy definitely is squad leader material. Not to mention he didn't say anything about his omnitrix bloodline or himself. He spoke of his teammates and, while giving them confidence, spoke as an average ninja. That's rare with bloodline users. Normally they're a little arrogant. I'm surprised Naruto isn't. His file said he loved attention and with a bloodline that can make him into different creatures at will I'd have expected him to brag and use it as his main and only plan. I guess he was wearing an idiot mask and dropped it." Kurenai thought. "Okay then, I want you to find Kakashi Hatake and take the little orange book he has in his possession. You can do it without getting caught or take it and run.All that counts is that it is in my hand by the time the two hours is up and that you tell me what you did while obtaining it. Good luck."With that, she disappeared in a swirl of leaves.

Naruto turned to the girls. "Okay, I've seen and heard about Kakashi before. Here's his description and his habits." Naruto then detailed all he'd observed of thescarecrow-like pervert.