2. World of Darkness

Start from the beginning

He waits to see if anyone wants to say anything. He's probably waiting to see if Minho will bite with another smart mouthed comment. "You will fall into a trancelike state as the nerves repair themselves and your memories return, similar to what some of you went through during what you called the Changing back in the Maze. But not nearly as bad, I promise. Much of that was for the purpose of stimulating brain patterns. We have several more rooms like this one, and a whole team of doctors waiting to get started. Now, I'm sure you have a million questions, but most of them will be answered by your own memories, so I'm going to wait until after the procedure for any more Q and A. Give me a few more moments to make sure the medical teams are ready. You can take this time to make your decisions."

Lori is beginning to question whether or not she's going to get her memories back again. Newt was going to leave her. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but the Flare is going to take him from her; just like WICKED had taken her from him.
Was it worth not getting her memories back, since she's going to lose him sooner than they both expected? Although, she is unsure whether or not she wants to remember all that; everything they've been told makes it seems like something that isn't worth remembering.

Minho comes up beside her, a solemn look on his face. He was never one to hide behind a smiling façade to hide how he truly felt. They are honest with each other. "How are you feeling? After, you know-"

"I don't know. We spoke about reconnecting and making new memories, and then he goes and says that he doesn't care that he has the Flare. He doesn't care he's going to die."

Minho rubs the back of his head, "I don't know if those were his exact words ..."
She lowers her head, afraid that the tears will start, and she won't be able to stop them. "Hey, hey, it's gonna be okay." He pulls her into a tight embrace. "The shuckfaces are close to the cure, remember? If they're true to their word, then he's gonna be fine, and you shanks can live happily ever after. Okay?"
She nods into his shoulder, not wanting to speak anymore. He steps away from her and takes her hand in his, walking back over to Clara, Thomas, Frypan, Teresa – and Newt. Minho gets straight to the point, addressing Thomas and Teresa. "You shanks know more and remember more than anybody else. Teresa, I've never made secret of it – I don't like you. But I want to hear what you think anyway."

Lori laughs internally, so glad that she has Minho in her life. He is such a good person to have around in a crisis. Clara is a lucky girl. She smiles a little on the outside, happy that her friends have been able to find a spark of something over then despair in their world of darkness.

"We should do it," the raven-haired betrayer answers without faltering. Thomas' composure seems to droop at her words. That obviously wasn't the answer he wanted to hear. Lori knows the feeling. "IT feels like the right thing to me. We need our memories back so we can be smart about things. Decide what to do next."

"Teresa," Thomas begins. "I know you're not stupid, But I also know you're in love with WICKED. I'm not sure what you're up to, but I'm not buying it."

"Me neither," Minho adds. "They can manipulate us, play with our shuck brains, dude! How would we even know if they're giving us back our own memories or shoving new ones inside us?"
Lori had to be honest, she hadn't thought of that before. Minho has definitely thought all this through.

Teresa lets out a breath of frustration. "You guys are missing the whole point! If they can control us, if they can do whatever they want with us, make us do anything, then why would they even bother with this whole charade of giving us a choice? Plus, he said they'd also be taking out the part that lets them control us. It feels legit to me."

"Maybe it's just another Trial," Lori mutters. Teresa asks what she said, so she repeated herself once more, but louder.

They all take a moment to let the thought sink in.; all but Teresa, who just rolls her eyes. "They just told us the Trials were over."