Chapter 30: Down to Business

Start from the beginning

“So what’re your plans for today? Going to stay here and watch me lay here all day?” he asked.

“Actually no…I came to say hello and drop off some of the English reading, and then I have an errand to run…” I said.

“Oh great more work…” he said sarcastically as I rolled my eyes at him.

 “Where are you off to?” he asked.

“Just out, I’ll be back soon…” I said as I rose from the chair.

“Adriana where the hell are you going?” he asked but I just kissed him lightly on the lips ignoring his protests as I walked out of the room…

There was something I needed to do, something that he wouldn’t be to happy about.

***

I knew for a fact that Cole spent most of his time lately working at the pool hall… Mason and I weren’t the only ones missing school apparently so has Cole.

So I walked through the door and I saw Cole behind the counter cleaning it with a rag.

As I looked around there was barely anyone in here. There was a few people sitting down at the booths eating but that was about it.

As I walked up to the bar and took a seat Cole didn’t even realize I was there.

“How can I help?” he asked before he was interrupted by shock when he looked up and saw me sitting there before him.

“Andy…” he said in disbelief.

“Cole we need to talk…” I said as I noticed his purpleish blue eye and the cut on his lip.

“Andy your brothers…and I…I…” he began to say but I just shook my head.

“No it’s fine, I just need you to listen to me. I need you to try to understand where I coming from…and then I need you to do me a favor…” I said as I watched his eyes widened.

“I’ll do anything you want…as long as you listen to me,” he said as I let out a deep breath.

“Fine but me first.” I said.

“I need you to understand how much what you did to me hurt. You weren’t only a friend of my brothers, but you were a friend of mine. I trusted you…and you totally went behind my back and did something I never thought you were capable of doing. You used the fact that I had a crush on you to your advantage…which worked out good cause once I realize what a piece of shit you were that totally went away. To be honest the only reason why you're not lying somewhere dead in a ditch is because of me…not because I care, because I need you…” I said.

“I thought you more than anyone besides my brothers cared about me and understood that Ryan and Matty were jerks. I thought you know hoe bad they made me feel when I was younger, and I thought you cared…but I was wrong.” I continued.

“I’m going to do whatever I possibly can to make them regret ever messing with me, which means they cant know that you told me about this stupid bet…unless you already told them.” I said.

“I haven’t talked to them in almost 2 weeks,” he said and I nodded.

“Andy…” he began to say as I let out a deep breath.

“I know it’s hard to believe but I never meant to hurt you,” he said as I rolled my eyes.

“Ever since I could remember I always thought you were so awesome and the most amazing girl I ever knew…” he said.

“Man, I liked you so much…still do.” He said as I nervously played with my locket.

“I guess I was just so jealous of Mason cause I could never have the relationship with you that he did…your brothers would have killed me if I even tried….” He continued.