“Yeah, but she’s kind of crazy…” he said and I laughed.

“What’s the story behind you and that teacher dude?” he asked and my heart almost stopped.

“There’s no story, he’s my brothers best friend so I know him all my life…but we hate each other…” I lied.

“Didn’t seem that way yesterday…” he said.

“Well that’s cause he was making sure I was okay, if anything happened to me my brother would kill him…” I said with a laugh hoping to get away from the conversation.

“You know you're pretty cool Lainey, I haven’t met a girl like you…” he said as I smirked at him.

“You barely know me.” I said.

“Well what I know, I like…” he said as he moved closer to me making me move further from him Spencer’s warning repeating throughout my head.

“Scared?” he asked with a smirk.

“Do I have a reason to be?” I asked.

“Not at all…” he said with a smirk that gave me the chills.

“I really like you Lainey…” he said as he placed his hand on my thigh and brought his lips closer to mine. Before I even had a chance to say no his lips crashed into mine.

The kiss felt urgent, sloppy, and rushed…overall just wrong. I couldn’t explain it but it just didn’t feel right.

But clearly Carter didn’t feel the same way as he pushed me down on to the sofa trapping me down with his heavy body.

I didn’t like the way this felt at all, it was like I was being suffocated or trapped and there was no way to stop it. What made it worse was all I could think about was Spencer, what he was doing and where he was going…

“Carter…” I mumbled against his mouth but he didn’t stop.

“Carter.” I mumbled again but stronger and still he didn’t stop.

“Carter!” I screamed, as I was able to free my hands and push him on his shoulders.

He pulled his lips from mine and leaned his head back only a few inches not giving me much room to get away.

“What’s wrong?” he asked like he didn’t realize how upset I was.

“What’s wrong?” I asked caustically.

“Carter we need to slow down.” I said as I tried to shimmy myself away from him, but after a few moments of failing carter lifted off of me and sat back on the couch looking at me puzzled.

“I just met you and I don’t know what you thought, but this isn’t happening…” I said as I tried to move away from him.

“I know I’m sorry Lainey…to be honest I don’t know what came over me…” he said as he ran his hand through his hair as I nodded slowly.

“Its just I like you so much, I wanted to be able to tell my friends back at school that I was with the most beautiful girl ever…” he said as his hand creeped back up on my thigh.

“Yeah you said that before, still doesn’t make a difference…” I said moving my leg away from him.

“Listen I think I should go…” I said just as I turned to get my things I felt a tight grasp on my arm.

“Lainey you cant…” he said in a soft voice as he gripped my arm painfully.

“Yes I can, let go…you're hurting me…” I said but he still didn’t let go.