Chapter 2 - The Gamers

Disclaimer: This chapter includes cursing

A/N: ^^ That's Na Na Na by My Chemical Romance. One of my all time favs by them :)

---

Immediately, I feel a weird tingly feeling in my hand that is touching the mouse, and this feeling creeps up my arm into my core.

I glance down, and see a misty substance forming from my chest, and it slowly reaches my hand.

I am taken over by dizziness as the mist is everywhere around me. I look to my left, and see hundreds of white orbs flying around me.

I feel as light as a feather. I try to move my feet, and when I do, it's like running in the air. I'm not moving, but I am floating.

I look behind me and see a blinding white screen. I quickly tear my eyes from it, and close my eyes, feeling the air around me.

I open them and see myself in a room, as big as my school cafeteria. Matte-gray ceiling, black walls, and pearl-white, long tables at the corners.

"Shit." I shout. Alone, in a place where it looks like I'm going to be murdered.

I look around, circling the whole room. "Where am I?" A headache burns my head, so I sit down at the nearest table, placing my elbows down and placing my head in my hands.

What the hell is this? A game or more than that? I think to myself, just as I hear a deep voice mutter.

"What. The. Fuck." I turn around, and see a tall, pale boy about my age with black-framed glasses. He takes a turn, and when he finally sees me, he says, "You came through-" he smiles as I nod urgently. "The mist? Oh it felt like I was flying!"

"Yeah, that's how I felt too! But I couldn't move. I was glued to the... air?" I chuckle, as he comes over to me.

"I'm Zach Wilson." He pulls out his hand from his jeans pocket.

"Eddie. Eddie Laker."

We shake hands and start talking about the different games we collect. Seems like we have a lot in common. Then we drift over to the question I've had since the beginning.

"So... where are we, Ed?" He arches his eyebrow.

"I've been thinking the same thing. Wait. Didn't the cover say that one gamer from each state?"

"Yeah. Yeah you're right! It did!" He widens his everlasting smile. "I'm from Seattle, what about you?"

"Boston, Massachusetts."

We sit like that for awhile, until a brunette girl comes through. Then a blonde girl soon after her. Soon, about 10 other kids come and crowd around each table, taking each seat available.

The two girls come over to our table, taking the last two seats available.

"Ugh. What a bastard!" said the blonde girl.

"Yeah, I mean," The brunette says. "Sure, I may have a big rack-" I let out a laugh, as the two girls across from me and Zach look at me. I try to cover my laugh with desperate coughs.

"A problem?" The blonde girl asks.

"Ah, no," I try to recover from my laughs. "Uh, I'm Eddie." I motion towards Zach. "That's Zach."

"I'm Carly Levin." The blonde says, rolling her eyes. "You are much more mature than that kid over there, Jax." She points to a tall dirty-blonde haired guy with green eyes and a short nose. Girls may find him attractive. "That Jax Bean guy is a little crazy with the compliments."

"I'm Loren Michaels." The brunette says. "And yeah, thanks for not saying anything about our 'racks'."

I cast a side-long glance at Zach, and he is smiling, transfixed on her cleavage showing from her low-cut v-neck pink shirt.

He doesn't catch my eye, but Loren catches his. I roll my eyes at the immaturity of the state they're being at.

"So," I begin. "Do you guys know where we are?"

Carly looks at me in the eye. "This is Imitation X."

"What?" How? Isn't it a game to be played on the computer? What is this?

My mind spins while I try to figure it out. I came here first. Maybe because I bought the game first? It said on the package that if you do not open it in 3 hours you are no longer part of the game. Probably because we start in 3 hours. These people are the gamers.

I look around, and then turn back to Zach, Carly, and Loren.

"Alright. We're in a game." I place my head into my hands and close my eyes. I am not so scared, but shocked. Shocked at the impossibility of this. What's my mom doing right now?

"No, Eddie. We are the game." Zach places his hand on my back in an assuring gesture.

"We are the game. We are the game and you know what it said on the package? It said; '1 winner'. One winner." I sigh deeply.

"So only one of us is alive at the end of this?" Loren says, her eyes wide in horror.

"This is suicide!" Carly sheds a tear, her face red.

I look at Zach. "How much time do we have?"

He shrugs. "I have no-" he's cut off by a noise.

A loud buzzing noise comes from the center of the ceiling, where a platform starts coming down towards the ground.

A man looking in his early thirties, with a short stubble, navy blue khaki pants, and a shirt and tie appears on the platform.

"Good evening gamers, and welcome to Imitation X!" His voice is loud and clear in the huge cafeteria.

Teens who haven't noticed the platform turn around. Where did he come from?

"I am Callen Monette. And this is Imitation X. Each of you will be placed into one of four of the sides of the room. No teams. You can make alliances but remember there is one winner. One person will be left at the end. All 50 of you will be here. One of you will be left, while all the others will be dead." He looked around at us, putting on his face a wicked smile.

Behind the smile I saw evil and cruelty. His evil nature gave off such a dangerous vibe that everyone around me was tense because of this one man.

"Dead. All but one. Dead in less than a day." He gave us a final wave, and the platform started coming back up.

The walls of the room made a silent woosh noise. Like the wind during a hurricane. When the walls went all the way up, they showed a blank space. On the walls of the space, there were gun racks, knives, axes and more dangerous weapons.

Someone stood up on the opposite of us, and sprinted into the room, took a pistol and a rifle, and sprinted out of the space.

Soon, Zach and I joined the stampede going into the weapon space.

I sprinted past people. It seemed like everyone only cared about defending themselves rather than fighting.

"Come on, man!" Zach tripped and I grabbed his hand to pull him out of the space.

A high-pitched scream came from behind us, and then we saw Loren and Carly coming towards us, near the weapon rack at the end of the space.

"A-" Loren's breaths were quick and quiet from the running. "A girl. She-she- was stabbed. By a boy. By Jax."

A shadow came from behind them.

"Who said my name." Jax was chuckling, rubbing his fingers across his knife, cleaning the fresh blood off of it.

--

Uh Oh...

Thanks for reading!

~Anna :)