Chapter 19: Reunited.

Start from the beginning

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Lynn had not walked ten minutes before she heard a voice behind her calling her name. She turned her head around to see the reverend and a dark haired woman walking toward her. Lynn hid her agitation. She wanted to get back to the hospital right now, but at the moment, that wasn't going to happen.

The reverend and woman quickly reached her, and the reverend spoke.

"Mrs. Kellen, may I introduce Mrs. Helen Pevensie. I.... took the liberty of telling her about your child."

Lynn's face grew flushed, and she might have said something, if..

"She has four children of her own, and..."

"If I might reverend?" Mrs. Pevensie suddenly said.

The reverend looked at her, gave a relieved look and a nod, then turned towards the church.

"I'm sorry about that," Mrs. Pevensie said immediately. "I would have introduced myself at a later time... and perhaps not quite as bluntly. He is a good man, and a good pastor, but when it comes to introducing one person to another... well, let's just say that he comes out a little too much."

Lynn had to let a small smile show at that.

"If we might try and start over?" Mrs. Pevensie continued.

Lynn nodded and said;

"I think that I would like that a great deal."

"Well then," Mrs. Pevensie began, clearing her throat. "Hello ma'am. I saw that you were new at the church today, so I decided to introduce myself. My name is Helen Pevensie."

"How do you do Mrs. Pevensie? My name is Lynn Kellen."

"I am very well, thank you Mrs. Kellen. And yourself?"

Lynn was about to say "quite well", when she felt her heart sink, and tears begin to sting her eyes.

"No, Mrs. Pevensie. No, I am not very well at all."

Mrs. Helen Pevensie gave a reassuring smile and offered her hand.

"Come with me. I'll take you to a little tea shop that is just a block away from the hospital. Then we'll talk."

For the first time in a long while, Lynn thought that she had found a true confident.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Over a period of several weeks, a great friendship took shape between Helen Pevensie and Lynn Kellen. Soon, every other afternoon was spent at a tea shop, talking, praying, and sharing lives with each other.

It was a month after they had met, that Helen decided to ask a question.

"Why has Miranda been in the hospital so long?"

Lynn did not speak for a moment, and Helen feared that she might have offended her. Finally, Lynn spoke.

"I never should have brought her here. She looked fine when we left, nothing went wrong, but the strain of the move and the attack just before leaving all added up to... to..."

Lynn never finished. Helen reached out her hand and touched Lynn's shoulder.

"It'll be alright. I don't know how, nor when, but it'll all be well in the end."

Lynn said nothing, but nodded her head.

"When she finally does recover, come over to our home for dinner one Sunday evening. I think that it would be best for you both."