Chapter 17: Good-bye to Narnia.

Good-bye to Narnia.

Caspian raced down a short flight of stairs, turning his head first left, then right. He was now dressed in olive green and brown clothing.

"Where are they?" He thought.

He had been searching for a good while when he finally found the four he had been looking for.

Aslan walked slowly with Susan on one side and Miranda and Peter on the other. The two siblings were dressed in royal clothes of blue, and the warrior was wearing a rust colored shirt with a dusty brown jerkin. Aslan's mouth was moving, and Caspian had a feeling that this was a bad time to interupt. He turned around preparing to leave, when he heard;

"Your majesty?"

He turned back to Aslan, and he had a feeling that something had just happened. Susan's eyes were sad and her head was heavy. And both Peter and Miranda looked older and taller for some reason.

"We are ready. Everyone has assembled," Caspian said.

Aslan nodded his head, yet continued walking with the three. Caspian left them to that, knowing that Aslan would come in his own time.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

It was perhaps the worst news Peter could have imagined. But surpisingly, he didn't quite feel that way. He felt as if he had come to the end of a great journey, and was just sad that it was over.

His eyes turned to his sister, and he was surprised with what he saw. Her face was trying not to cry; trying to be strong. He had always known Susan to be the most practical and strongly minded. But she looked as if she had been crushed with a stone.

"It's time you lived in your own world," Aslan continued. "In that world, you must come to know be by a new name."

Aslan's face turned towards Miranda.

"As one of you already has."

Peter's face turned to Miranda's. Her hazel eyes were shining bright, and a soft glow seemed to surround her.

"You have found his name already?" Peter asked.

"I have."

"What is it?" Susan said, a strength in her voice he had not heard in a long time.

Miranda didn't answer at first. Instead, she looked into Aslan's eyes. Seeing something there that only she could understand, she said;

"It is a name that you have to come to know on your own. As much as I would like to tell you, the journey is for you to make alone. I cannot interfere with that."

Peter let out a soft laugh.

"You're beginning to sound like you used to when Narnia was in its Golden Age."

"Isn't that a good thing?" Miranda teased.

Peter laughed and Susan smiled; but more wonderful than that was the sound of Aslan's beautiful golden laugh. A sound that made mountains fall down and seas roar.

"Now," Aslan said as the last notes of his laugh died away, "Let us go to the others."

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Caspian stood at the center of a lifted daise, his back to a great tree, watching the eyes of the crowd closely. He only stopped for a moment when he noticed movement on his right. He turned to the approaching forms of Aslan and the others. He let a relieved smile cross his face as they drew close. Peter and Susan went to Caspian's left, standing with their brother and sister. Aslan stood next to Caspian's right, and Miranda stood with Glenstorm, Trumpkin, Reepicheep, and Professor Cornelius.