Chapter 4: What Happened In Between.

Start from the beginning

"Why did I pick a room with a window that faces east?"

But as she got up and out of bed, she was glad that she had been woken up early. The morning was beautiful. Miranda watched as the sun rose over the sea's horizon. She heard the mermaids sing, and watched young centaur colts playing in the fields.

Miranda dressed in some fresh clothing, put her weapons on, and left her room.

"Warrior!" she heard in the hallway.

She turned around to see a faun running towards her.

"What is it good faun?" she asked.

"Werewolves have been seen near Lantern Waste!"

Miranda sighed. Would they ever be rid of the Witch's minions?

"Saddle Onyx and put provisions in his saddle bags! Then call up a group of ten to fifteen soldiers!" She ordered the faun. Then she went to find Tumnus.

She found him in the library looking over some documents.

"Mr. Tumnus," she said.

"Miranda, you are up early," Tumnus exclaimed.

"And it's a good thing too. Werewolves have been spotted near Lantern Waste. If you would inform their majesties of where I have gone, I would most appreciate it."

"Of course Miranda," Tumnus replied, but with an expression on his face that Miranda couldn't read.

"Thank you."

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Tumnus was worried. Miranda had not been home yet for twenty-four hours, and already they needed her to do something. It didn't seem right to him. But if she was determined to go, go she would. That was one thing he had learned about her.

He walked into the royal rooms were the Kings and Queens were just finishing breakfast. Tumnus smiled as he looked over at the High King. Already he looked much better after a full nights rest.

He bowed before them as he approached.

"Mr. Tumnus, good morning," Lucy said with enthusiasm. She was always happy to see her best friend.

"Good morning Lucy, your majesties."

"And a good morning to you too Mr. Tumnus," Peter said with laughter in his voice. "It is good to see you again."

"And it is good to see you as well your highness after all the worrying you had us in."

That set everyone laughing.

"You look troubled," Susan said suddenly, and Tumnus had to keep himself from rolling his eyes. No one could keep things hidden for long with her around.

"To be precise Queen Susan, I have come with a message from the warrior."

"Really?" King Peter said, surprised.

"Yes sire. Apparently, werewolves were spotted near Lantern Waste, and Miranda was asked to help immediately."

"And she went?" Peter questioned.

"It appeared to be urgent sir. And you know how she can get."

Peter closed his eyes. Yes, he did know.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Miranda's sword dug into the heart of yet another werewolf, and she took a moment to look around her. When they said that they needed help, they needed help! It was a huge pack of werewolves; she thought about 30 to 40 of them. And they had to chase them for miles before they had gotten close enough for an attack.