Chapter 3: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

ابدأ من البداية

And she was cold.

Shivering, she waited until the last of the noises had left, then scurried back down the tree. Thinking that there was no harm in trying, she went into the cave that the faun had lived in.

The first thing that caught her eye was a piece of parchment nailed to one of the beams. Coming up to get a closer look, she read:

Faun Tumnus, is here by charged with high treason, against her imperial majesty; Jadis, Queen of Narnia. For comforting her enemies and fraternizing with humans. Signed, Maurgrim; Captain of the Secret Police.

Long Live the Queen

Now at least she knew where she was.

"Narnia," she whispered. And the faun's name was Tumnus. But Miranda was quite sure that she did not want to meet this queen.

Looking around the rest of the home, she saw that it was nice and homelike for one person to be in. The room was still warm from a fire that had been going only a few minutes before, and it looked like he had just been settling down to drink some tea. Feeling hungry, as has been noted before, she ate some of the bread that he had left by the cupboard. Then she looked around for something to put on. It took her some time, but finally she found a green coat that looked like it had never been worn before. Quickly she put it on, and immediately found herself much warmer than before. Not wanting to be caught unarmed in case one of those… those things came again, she took a carving knife from on top of the stove, and was glad to see it had some casing around it (not a sheath, carving knives don't have sheathes).

Feeling much fuller and warmer, she promised herself to give the stuff back to the faun if she ever found him. She walked outside, and again noticed the thing he had dropped. Picking it up, she saw that it was a flute. But a flute unlike any she had ever seen. It had two openings at the ends, and it looked like it was made of mahogany wood. It felt warm and good in Miranda's hands. Putting the flute into one of the coat pockets, she continued on.

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

"What did you say?" Orieus exclaimed.

The fox rolled his eyes.

"I said, another one has come."

Orieus could not believe his ears. He had just gotten news from another that the four kings and queens had come to Narnia, but this.

He turned around the tent that he was in at the edge of Narnia, near Lantern Waste. He had been sent here by Aslan to organize the troops and send them to the fields at Beruna.

"What do you know of this human?" Orieus asked the fox, Hunta.

"It is a female, and to be quite frank, afraid. She is confused and amazed. Never has she seen things as this before."

"A female?" Orieus thought. "Does Aslan really expect it to be a female?" Quickly, Orieus stopped those thoughts. Aslan always knew what he was doing and whom he would choose.

"Can you find her?" He asked Hunta.

"It should not take me long. I will find her and bring her here. There is not much time left."

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

In fact, it took Hunta no time at all. He found the young girl quickly, and was glad that she was resting herself at the moment. From her pocket, she took out Tumnus's flute, and began to play. Hunta had heard Tumnus play before, but never had he heard a melody like this. It was as if a river had broken from under the ice and overflowed.