Chapter 9

I am shaken awake, looking into the tear streaked face of Amber. As my vision becomes more clear, i see that i am not in my room. What the hell is going on? In wonder. When did i get to Ambers house? Suddenly the memories of what occured the day before flood my mind.

I sit up quickly, which causes me to loose my balance, and my eyes to go blurry. Amber doesn't notice, and pulls me into a tight hug. "Girl, you don't know how worried i have been. I looked everywhere, and of course you were in the last place i looked. You weren't there when i pulled up outside your work!"

I could tell that she was going to continue on, but there was a pounding in my head that did NOT want to hear what she was going to say. So i pulled her into a huge hug, and squeezed her hard enough for her to stop talking. Thank god.

Just as the hug ended, my stomach growled. And i mean loud. Amber pulled away with a grin in her face, causing me to giggle. "So, lucky for you, before we start doing our last minute school shopping, we can get some food," she said. Then i remembered, school starts tomorrows. The first day of our last high school year. Shit!

Apparently the fear i felt showed through my eyes, because she says "Its going to be okay. For now on, we are attached at the hip. Except in the bathroom. That's just weird,"

I start to feel my body relax, then my stomach decides to go on a rampage. "Amber, i don't have any clothes," and with this realization, comes another. "I have no money, no anything! I can't just rely on you, that would be horrible of me. I ca-"

"Don't worry about it." She cut me off. "I knew you wouldn't let me give you anything. When your dad was passed out last night, i snuck into your old house and grabbed everything that was rightfully yours. I grabbed your clothes, money, bathroom craps, all the stuff that was your moms... except what was in his room and the basement... i couldn't make myself go down there. I'm sorry..." she apologized.

"Amber, thank you! Don't be sad that you couldn't go there, i wouldn't be able to either. You got the rest of the stuff, and um grateful for that! You are the best friend i could ever get, thank you!" I look into her eyes as i say this, she needs to know that it is the truth. She needs to know I'm not mad at her. When she nods her head, i know my words have hit home.

"All your stuff is still in my car, we can move it into my room, and then we will get ready and leave, okay?" She questions, and i nod in reply.

When i stand up from the floor, i realize that I'm in the same shirt from yesterday. The one Eddie destroyed. All my cuts and bruises are on show. Oh my god... i think. I will have scars all over my front when these heal. No man will ever want to be with me if they see these. I am so ugly. So ugly...

"Hey," Amber starts to say. "I didn't know if i should change you then, or if you wanted to shower first, or what so i left you in your work clothes. I don't think i would have known how to tell you about... those" Amber says, gesturing to my front.

Damn. I think, not even Amber thinks that its okay. She must be disgusted by me... yea, her face doesn't show it, but that girl can hide her emotions if need be. I don't know if i will ever be the same again. I won't be able to show my legs, abdomen, nor my lower chest. So no shorts, dresses, nor swimsuits. Or, no swimming nor special events. I'm going to have some hot summers... Then i look over to Amber to see that i zoned out while she was talking. What she was talking about, however, i will never know.

"So," she decides to continue. "Just stay here, and i will get everything. You can have that shower, and-"

"Amber," i interrupt, "I can help get my stuff. I will just need some pajama pants and a t shirt. I can take a shower when we are done, this is all my fault any ways, so-"