Chapter Seven

"Have a good day!" I shout to the elderly couple as i run to hold the door for them. The man shakes my gand with a mischievous glint in his eyes. It isnt until i feel a folded piece of paper when he lets me go that i realize why, he left me a tip. Twenty, more than they payed for their food...

After putting the twenty in my apron, i go back to my station behind the counter. Seeing a ketchup smuge i grab a rag and clean the counter. Ping!

"Hello, how can i hel-" my breath catches in my throught when my eyes meet the persons. Oh, shit!

"So you remember me? I remember you too. I was able to have fun the first time without you calling the cops-,"

The first time? Then it hits me, this creep guy from the carnival is the same guy that raped me a few years back.

"Then, when i couldnt believe it," he continues as if he couldnt see in my face that i connected the dots, "i see you again, and you didnt even recognize me! I couldnt believe it! It stirred something in me, you forgot about me when i took your innocence away. It pissed me off to say the least! So i decided to make you remember, i wanted you to figure it out, but then we were interrupted! The walking penis took advantage of my growing age, and he beat my ass! But you told him to let me go!

"I thought for sure that you would send the police after me then, but you didnt. It bugged me. So i thought and thought, i just couldnt figure it out. Then bam! It hit me! You are hiding something. Something that you dont want people to find out. Now, the curiosity was killing me." He leans over the counter and looks at me for a second, and i feel all my blood fall from my face.

"So," he whispers "i decided to find out. I knew you would still be working here, it was the place your parents met!"

"How do you know my parents met here?" I ask with a shaking voice.

"Im surprised you dont remember, Blake and i were best friends! After your mother had you, we drifted apart though. But i still came over, until you were about ten." He leans away from the counter. My mind is back eight years ago.

*********

"Amanda! Eddie is coming, please help me get this house organized"

"Okay mom. Hey mom, why do we always go out when Eddie comes?" I ask confused as i wash the dishes from lunch. I look over and see a sad look flood my moms face, but before i can comment on it, its gone.

"Hunny, Eddie has done things in the past, that i just dont want you to be around. I will always be here to help you, this is just one other thing. Okay? Please promise me you will stay away from him." She asks with a serious face.

Drying my hands, i walk over to her and give her a tight hug. "Mom, i promise to stay away if its what you want. I love you!"

Hugging me back, she whispers "I love you more," into my hair the way she knows i love.

***********

I remember that being one of the last beautiful hugs i got from her. I did keep true to my promise. Or i thought i did until now. Now that i know who this man is, i feel horrible. I can tell that he knows i remembered him because he has a terrible smirk on his face.

"I didnt just come here to find out about what has kept your finger from dialing those three numbers, you know." He says, breaking me away from my memory and guilt. It is causing my body to go cold from dread. "I want to finish our game, and i will have my way, just as i did the first time. Your knight wont be able to save you this time." He says, filling me with horror.

"Hey buddy!" Bob shouts from the grill in back. "Either order something or get out! You will not be harassing my Amanda! You hear?" Bob hasn't heard what we have been saying, that i know, but he still knows how to sniff out trouble.

"Hows that for a knight?" I ask Eddie, a little more confidence in me knowing Bob will save me. But the flash of his anger across his face sends me back a step. I do not want to find out what he is thinking of right now.

"We will be finishing this" Eddie , and all i can hope is for Ben to hold me again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[A/N] I realize that it isnt apparent that this is a teacherXstudent book yet, but it will get there! More things need to be set in place, and i think you will appreciate it more when it gets there. All i ask for is patience.