Chapter 5- The Resolve and her sweet side

Bắt đầu từ đầu

“Yeah. I trusted you, past tense.”

“You don’t expect that you’ll marry me someday, but you might. You’ll never know Belle.” He winked, and pulled me closer, in a friendly way. (I think?)

“Really, so…” I grabbed the controller and gestured to the Television, “You don’t expect that I’ll beat you at Black ops?”

He raised his brow, “I expect that you’ll lose.”

“Well, game on.”

A lot of button pressing and a few rematches later, I had won two out of three games.

In your face Jason!” I taunted, “And I quote: ‘You have to expect the unexpected’” He just grimaced and tossed my controller on the coffee table.

His mouth formed a large ‘o’ shape as he yawned and stretched his arms, “I better go home.”

“Okay.” I smiled, hugged him and pressed something cool in his hand.

“What is this?” he looked oddly at the object I had placed in his hand, “A ribbon?”

“It’s a manlier ribbon! It’s made out of copper wires!” I raised my hands up and formed a rainbow in the air, “I made it myself.”

“Thanks.” He smiled; ruffled my hair like an older brother would, and left, “Oh and I’m moving back to the house next to yours tomorrow!” He called over his shoulder before jumping into his car.

My jaw dropped, No way in hell.

_+_+_

Just as I heard Jason’s car back up out of our drive way, my phone started to play ‘You found me’ by the Fray. Meaning an unknown person was calling me. I let it go to voicemail.

“Hey, this is Anna. I’m probably busy. Or I don’t know who you are, if it’s the latter, please introduce yourself.” There was a beep and deep masculine voice emanated from my cellular device.

“Uh... Anna, hey. It’s Ranier, I got your phone number from—“ I immediately grabbed my cell and answered the call.

“Hi! Williams, why are you calling?” I asked, I hope I didn’t sound that desperate.

“I just wanted to say sorry…”

“For what?” I asked innocently.

“For you know, not being there when you came back.”

“Why are you sorry?”

“Because I didn’t wait for you?” His statement sounded more like a question. I sighed; it wasn’t that obvious that I’d been upset when he didn’t come back right?

“What?” I laughed, “You didn’t think I was upset over that didn’t you?”

“Well—“

“Well what? We aren’t even close, why would I be disappointed if you weren’t there?” That was a bit harsh, but it was only part of my resolve. Deny that I even care about him.

“It’s just that… I don’t know.” He sounded a bit disappointed, “I just get that feeling…”

“You’ve known me for two days…” I’ve known you since we were in kindergarten, “…And you think that you know me already? That I would be so frustrated just because you said you’d be there but you weren’t? That’s just hilarious. Really funny.”

My plan is going good so far, so it’s time for phase 2.

“I need to go.” I said, before he can even reply.