"So does Ms. Martin." The bell rang and the hall was already empty. "This or another detention, Ms. Martin."

"Yes, sir." I saluted to him. "Shall we?" I asked the new guy.

"Have a good first day." Principle Philips said patting his back before leaving us.

"I'm Jack by the way." He held his hand out.

"Mackayla." I smiled while shaking his hand. I pulled my hand back and started walking with him. "But my friends call me Mack."

"Does this mean I'm your friend?" He smiled.

I nodded. "Yeah."

"So, you get detention a lot, huh?"

I shook my head and chuckled. "Only when I'm late to class, which is every now and then." I shrugged. "Here's Trig class." I said pointing to the door. I walked in to see Mr. O'Neil with his arms crossed and toe tapping the ground.

"A little late again, Ms. Martin."

"Yes, but I have an excuse this time." I smiled.

"I'm sure you do."

"Well, Principle Philips asked me to show Jack Larson around." I gestured to the good looking guy behind me. I watched as girls eyes were planted on him as he waved to the class.

"Very well then, take your seat. Mr. Larson may sit behind you." Mr. O'Neil instructed.

I sat in my usual seat next to one of my two best friends, Cera Salvatore.

"How did that happen?" She gestured to Jack.

"I forgot my book and the principle stopped." I shrugged.

"Good thing, he's hot." She smiled.

I chuckled and looked over at Jack. He smiled and waved at me, I did the same then looked at Cera who was basically drooling over him.

Cera Salvatore, she's been my best friend since the third grade when she was the new girl. Everyone thought she was weird because she use to wear a princess dress everyday, but I didn't care. She has wavy brown hair, nice brown eyes, but she likes to wear colored contacts. She's very sweet, smart, and a good person to go to for advice.

"So what's after this?" Jack asked me as we walked out of the classroom.

"I'll meet up with you later." Cera said to me.

I nodded then turned my attention to Jack "It's second period then we have a ten minute break." I explained to him "What class do you have next?"

"Um . . . " he pulled out his schedule "Chemistry."

"Me too, so you could just follow me."

"Guess who." Someone said as hands covered my eyes.

I recognized his voice and stopped walking "Um . . . a loser?"

"Hey!" Chase yelled.

"What, you are?" I shrugged while laughing as he gave me a look.

Chase Taylor's been my friend since forever. We grew up together. He lives across the street from me. We do everything together. He's very handsome, he has blonde hair, nice hazel eyes and a perfect smile. Why is he still single? That question I don't know the answer to. Anyway, he doesn't drive, since he doesn't have a car, so he takes the bus with me to school some times.

"You weren't on the bus so I guess you were late," He said. "Again." he smirked.

"Oh, shut up" I slapped his shoulder "It's a good thing Mike is late, like, every day." I looked to my left to see Jack just looking at us, listening to our conversation "Chase, this is Jack. Jack, this is Chase, he's my best friend."