Chapter Three

Annegela Prettyface was beyond nervous. The night of the Prom-Coming Men's Choice Peak of Highschool dance had arrived, and she was waiting for Damien to come and pick her up. She was dirt poor, and so she was forced to make her own dress--she only hoped she didn't embarrass herself. It was four feet white and made of purple taffeta, which she found in the sub-basement of her sub-basement. She was wearing beautiful diamond earrings, her mother's only gift to her literally ever. She wasn't wearing any make-up, nay, her cheeks were naturally rosy, she had no blemishes, perfect brows, and straight white teeth.

Damien finally showed up and she sprinted out to meet him, in the process demolishing her elaborate bun. She went to put it back up but he stopped her.

"Leave it. Your hair looks better down. Oh by the way, Shotgun."

She flushed with the heat of ten million suns before climbing into the luxury sedan he had stepped out of. She might have sat in the front seat, but Damien called dibs. Her mother hadn't taught her much before she died tragically in a car/cancer accident, but she'll always remember her last words to her...

"Mommy, read me a story!"
"Mommy can't rn, srry."
"Please? Even a short one!"

"ugh tfw ur kid is annoying. Fine. I met ur father at a B-52's concert and after we shmoshed in the back seat of  my car I called shotgun and he sat in the back w/my bff's bf so always respect dibs or else you wouldn't have been born or whatevs."

She cried as she looked out the window.

"Hey you cool?" 

She was startled when Damien spoke to her. She still couldn't believe he would actually talk to her--let alone take her to the Prom-Coming Men's Choice Peak of Highschool Dance. She sniffed and nodded, and then the car stopped because she had been contemplating her dead mother for the entire ride.

She skittered from the car as he kissed his mother goodbye.

He loves his mother...awww...

She'd never met a boy who was so secure that he would sit in his mother's lap to kiss her goodbye in public. Damien was absolutely perfect....

They danced all night until the worst girl in school came over to them. Kate-Ashley McBitch strutted over, smiling a fake smile.

"Hey Damien. I don't think I've met your date? You two seem like a great couple."

"This is Annegela, she's my date."

"Hey Annegela, I'm--"

"I know you, okay?" Annegella exploded, tired of the abuse she was receiving. "We were uber-close bfffeaeaeae in pre-pre kindergarten!"

"Oh, uh--what does that mean?"

"Best fucking friends for-ever and ever and ever and ever!"
'Well that's cool, wanna hang out tomorro-"

"Save it--you're just jealous of me because Damien actually knows who I am!"

"Well he's my brother so--"
"ENOUGH!" The music stopped, and everyone was staring at her. "I CAN'T TAKE THIS! YOU CAN HAVE HIM!"

She sprinted from the dance, sobbing with the force of forty-seven above-average sized waves.