Chapter Two

Chapter Two: Prom-coming Men's Choice peak of high-school dance {Part One}

Annmarie Prettyface was way ugly and clumsy, but she ran an animal shelter out of the back of her quirky, impractical van. She loved grabbing defenseless animals to save.

Some days, she'd just look at her 47 doves and say; "<3 birds. <3." The birds only remained still in the van because they weren't sure how she was able to say '<3' out loud. In reality, it was her magical power to speak with animals which she didn't know about until her only friend, a rabid racoon with Racoon AIDS, helped her with her math homework. She usually only got F's because she had no time to study because she was depressed due to the fact that she was way ugly and clumsy. When the racoon helped her, though, she got straight A's but she became more depressed because she was a nerd.

Damien McRouge loved all things tough. He rode his motorcycle to school every day, which wasn't uncommon, but he was so hardcore that he never wore a helmet. Annmarie didn't know much about riding-machines because oil is gross, but she knew how to fix them because her father taught her. Her father was a police officer who got shot in duty. He died, but she used her healing skills to save him. This happened six more times, until he died and stayed dead. Her mother ran away and CPS never came for her so she lived in a Victorian mansion alone.

One day, she spotted him on the side of the road on her way to school. She immediately leapt from her vehicle, certain that the racoon would pull over safely. She rolled four or five times until she was at his feet, and after a minute he let her up.

What a gentleman!

"So." His voice was rich and deep but still dangerous, like an R&B serial killer. He stared at her for fourteen minutes as she bit straight through her lip. Finally, he cleared his throat.

"You're bleeding."

"Oh, uhhhhhhhhh...." She flushed and held her torn lip. "That happens sometimes. Can I fix your bike?"

He huffed and began to speak as she bent down over the bike.

"You'll never be able to fix it, I tried for five minutes straight and nothing happened. It's probably totaled, I'll just have my father buy me a new one. I'm secretly rich but unhappy because my parents want me to run the company which is mostly just watching supermodels get ready for--"

"Done." She popped up, revving the riding-machine, completely clueless as to of what she was doing. "You had a...leaky spark tube."

He sighed and his lips twitched upwards. He didn't smile, which turned her on but she didn't know that because she was a virgin, and she'd never felt sexual feelings before in her entire sixteen years.

"I usually fix everything on bikes, but my uncle was teaching me. We were almost finished when he died in a tragic car accident...the only thing he didn't teach me was how to fix the spark tubes."

Annmarie was sobbing at this point, her heart broken for the vulnerable boy in front of her.

"Well, I guess I owe you. You wanna go to the Prom-Coming Men's choice peak of high-school dance with me?"

Annmarie gasped incredibly loudly. "You...you mean it? You wanna take me to the Prom-Coming Men's choice peak of high-school dance?"

He shrugged. "Yeah but don't make a thing of it. Later." He climbed on his bike, and she stared after him as he left. She stared for twenty minutes, when a car horn caught her attention. She furrowed her brow and pouted.

"I'm coming!" She yelled, good mood spoiled by the racoon urging her to get a move on.