one

october 8, 2018
9:54 pm

camila •

"where is she? is she okay? god can you tell me in what room they placed my girlfriend in" i asked the lady in the counter. the lady gave me the most disgusted face making me cringe and realize that she was a homophobe. "you know what, i'll find someone else that can help me" i huffed before walking away.

"camila?" i turned my head rather quickly, and smiled walking over to where she was sitting. "i haven't seen you since our last family reunion" clara said embracing me in hug. "it's been a while, but you know lauren. always wanting to go from place to place" i told her as i took the seat next to her. "speaking of lauren. how is she? is she okay? i haven't stopped thinking about her since they told me what happened in the accident."

"the doctors told me she was doing okay, luckily nothing drastic happened to her in that crash" clara explained. "are we allowed to see her yet?" i asked. "not yet, we have to wait for the doctor to finish running some tests on her." i closed my eyes and tried calming myself down, everything was going to be okay. lauren was gonna be okay.

"so how are you two doing? have you guys made anything official yet" clara asked seeing my nervousness. i chucked a bit knowing what she meant. "we're doing good. lauren thinks we came to miami to spend some time with our families before we leave again but my main reason for coming back is because i wanted to talk with you and mike. it's rather important." i told her. "please tell me it is!" "oh clara it is" i said smiling from ear to ear.

"c'mon cabello, the longer you take, the longer i'll tease" lauren yelled. "jauregui be patient, i swear this is worth the wait" i yelled back smiling at how everything turned out. "i hope this is good enough for her" i whispered as i hide the box.

i started walking to our room and opened the door and saw her. god she gets more beautiful by the second. "jeez that took you long enough now come here" she said as she opened her arms for me. "actually, there something i wanna show you babe. it's in the balcony" i told her as i stretched my arm out for her to hold.

"mike is gonna be so happy when you tell him the news. we always knew you and lauren were meant to be" clara said as she rested my hands onto top of hers. "she's the one for me clara. she makes me the happiest girl alive. and i just can't see myself with anyone else but her-" i admitted to her.

"lauren jauregui?" clara and me both stood up quite quickly and walked over to the doctor. "you can go inside, but don't make to much noise, lauren is still in a very fragile state" the doctor told us as he lead us to her room. i took a deep breath before i opened the room door, stepping inside.

i walked to the chair by her bed and sat down. i intertwined my hands with hers as silent tears fell from my face. how could i let this happen. we should've just stayed together. this was my fault. she's like this because of me. more tears fell.

"hey jauregui, i don't really know if you can hear me, but im still going to talk to you as if you can hear me. please wake up baby, for me. i miss those beautiful mesmerizing green eyes of yours, and that smile. god your smile, makes my heart beat so quick every time just like when i first saw you. i can't stay the night with you cause i promised mama cabello i'd spend it with her, you know how sick she's been getting lately and i feel if i don't see her now, ill regret it... please forgive me. but ill come back first thing in the morning. i love you lauren."

"dont worry mila, ill watch her for you" clara said with a smile. "if anything happens, tell me please" i said as i grabbed my bag. "of course, ill keep you updated. now go see your mom." i hugged clara goodbye and walked over to lauren giving her kiss on the forehead. "ill see you soon amor mio" i said and walked out the room.

-

i haven't written in such a long time so please excuse me if there's mistakes. ive had this idea for a while and thought it was time i wrote it out so here i am. hope you like this story and what's to come of it.