1. Soaked

I'm sitting here in the boring room

It's just another rainy Sunday afternoon
I'm wasting my time
I got nothing to doI'm hanging around
I'm waiting for you
But nothing ever happens and I wonder

Lemon Tree - Fool's Garden

~~~

Rain dripped down. You watched the sky becoming darker, turning into a baleful grey. Bored, you sat there in front of a big window. Break went to the city to do some shopping with the Lady and Sharon was meeting her friends. Since you were the only one at home, you just didn't know what to do with yourself.

Ding dang dong.

You woke up from your daydreaming and stood up to go opening the gate of the Rainsworth residence. Maybe everyone was coming back home.

"Good afternoon, Milady, here are some letters for you." You heard when you went outside.

Very disappointed, you stared at the postman, even though he had greeted you nicely.

"Uh. Thank you. Why didn't you just throw them in the letterbox?" You asked him.

"Well, these are some very important letters, I have to give them to you personally."

The rain became harder as you made some steps forwards to get the letters. He handled them over, you wished him a nice day and turned around to go back inside.

Just in this moment, there was a blast of wind and the front door shut. Since you didn't bring a key with you, you had to stay outside in the rain.

"God damn it", you murmured.

It was cold and by and by, it started to pour. The letters were getting wet, so you put them in your décolleté, your dress didn't have any pockets. This wasn't a big improvement, because your clothing was soaked. Jittering, you sat down on the stairs and after a short while, you fell asleep, since you didn't sleep well last night.

~~~

"(Y/n), wake up, hey, you're gonna catch a cold, can you hear me?"

You opened your eyes, looking into Sharon's.

"Uh-"

"What the hell are you doing outside? Are you crazy?" She didn't give you any time to answer, she just continued talking at you. So you just stared at her with glassy eyes.

"Sharon, I guess it's enough now", you heard the voice of Lady Rainsworth. Immediately, you straightened up, looking for Break. He was closing the gate, then he saw you.

"(Y/n), what-", He blushed and turned his head away from you, murmuring something you couldn't understand. Confused, you mustered him.

"I forgot my key and the door shut and...OH!"

Now they all were looking back at you. You got the letters out of your décolleté and gave them to the Lady. Breaks face was as red as a tomato as he passed you fast to open the door with his key.

"Be more careful, idiot", he whispered in your ear.

~~~

You went to your room to take a shower and as you stood in front of your mirror, you realised, why Break had been turning red.

The blue underwear you were wearing was gleaming through your soaked white dress.

Flushing, you sank to the ground and put your hands on your face. Why did this happen? This was so embarrassing. You would never be able to look him in the eyes again.