Chapter 9

Josh's pov:
     Luckily, the nurse walks in. But I don't want to take the chance. I looks at Colleen and realize her dad will NEVER let me have her and I need her. "Colleen, this is crazy but would you want to run away with me?" I ask. Her eyes enlarge and I know she's confused and immediately I feel myself start to blush due to my embarrassment. She notices and says "it's just, I can't leave my family behind. And I'm too young!" I nod but I want her so this is a fight I need to win. "Your not too young. I have enough money, we could buy an apartment. Eventually, we could even get married." She smiles, "I mean Josh we just met today.", "no, it's been a few days you have just been asleep." I say. I know she wants to go so I make the decision easy for her. I take out her IV and pick her up. "Josh.. What are you doing?" "Taking the girl of my dreams to my new car." I say she smiles and I can tell she wants this to happen and she wants me. I sneak past the nurses and get out of the hospital. I scout out the parking lot and don't see anyone. I buckle Colleen into the car and I got to get into my side. I jump back when I see her dad staring at me right in front of my door. "Excuse my Josh, what are you doing?" "Oh Mr. Ballinger, I'm feeling much better so I'm going home." I say and he glares me in eyes. I'm so glad I put Colleen in the backseat. He looks in my car and doesn't see her. "So, you left her alone in the room." "A nurse was there to watch her." He nods and walks to the hospital. I get in and realize I just saved my life and potentially hers. I look at her and smile. She smiles back and I drive and drive and drive. I reach this small town where only about 5,000 people live. I find us some food and she eats but not very much. I scout the city for an apartment complex but don't see any. All I see is a housing development and I know it's going to be expensive. I walk to the real estate building. There's only two guys inside. I walk in without Colleen. "Hello, how can we help you?" They say. "I want to buy a house" I say. "Do you have 40,000 dollars?" That is SOOO cheap for how pretty those houses are I was expecting $500,000. "Sure I pull out my wallet and grab debit card." They give me the keys and we drive off to our new home.

*authors note: holy cow! A ton happened! What do you think? What should happen next? Please comment!*