Chapter 10

Zayn's POV 

Seeing as Emma had bonded with the other lads over the past week, I decided it was time for Uncle Zayn to get some bondage time. I wasn't taking her far, just to one of the 'American' diners down the street. Me and Emma left the hotel. Emma wearing jeans, a jumper, scarf and beanie hat topped of with Military boots. Suprisingly she had covered herself up more than normal...it's not like it's even cold outside. I was wearing, chino's hightops and a vest top, topped off with one of Niall's snapbacks. The walk to the diner was silent... 

We got to the diner and chose the table in the far corner to sit at. Ever since the last concert 3 days ago, Emma has been waking up in the middle of the night screaming, yet when any of us confront her about it she shakes it off. It's scary. You think of how scary it would be for you...to have your niece wake up screaming and then think of it from Liam's point of view. That being your daughter. It's fucking terrifying, to the point where Liam wont eat. Emma wont talk to him about anything and we have no idea why. I suppose that's I've took her out today. She wont talk to any of the others maybe she will talk to me. I went to order 2 chocolate milkshakes for us both before sitting back down. 

"Emma? Talk to me please?" Emma sighed. 

"Why? Uncle Zayn there's no point...You'll just go tell dad." I shook my head. The waitress brought us our milkshakes and set them down on the table. 

"Thankyou, Look Emma. I will not and I mean will not tell Li anything unless it's highly necerssary. I promise...just talk to me." Emma took off her hat and ran her fingers through her hair. 

"But you will still tell him...it's bad Uncle Zayn really bad." 

"If it's that bad then talk to me Emma..." 

"Fine...Boarder line of it all...My mum and Jack. My mum's ex...that's why I've been screaming in the middle of the night. Nightmares and flashbacks." Emma quickly wiped the tears away from her cheeks. I went around to the other side of the table and pulled her into a hug. Her head resting against my chest. 

"Of what Emma?" 

"Near misses of my mum either about to kill me or Charlie. That's why I'm protective of Oscar. Charlie was the same age when all this happened...Charlie is now living a good life with his father and step mum..." Well...that shocked me. Megan attempted to kill Emma...now that is stepping a line. There was no way I could not tell the lads. They had a right to know. 

Liam's POV 

Zayn and Emma had been gone for over 3 hours now. They were only going to the diner, down the road. Maybe Zayn had gotten out of Em, why she had been waking up screaming every night. It's terrifying. I just didn't understand why she wouldn't talk to any of us. She would just sit and play Niall's guitar unless we had an interview or photoshoot and Oscar needed looking after. She would often break down in tears and cry for hours on end until her eyes are bright red. All this occured after Megan turned up. Megan...Megan Fucking Dale. The woman who couldn't look after her daughter, the woman who promised to stay with me no matter...the woman now taking drugs and drinking alcohol. Zayn and Emma came back to the hotel room. Emma went straight to Oscar, Oscar instantly chasing her around the front room. Zayn took me and the lads into the games room where all our suitcases were ready to fly back to the UK tomorrow. I sat down on the sofa next to Lou and Haz, Niall sat on the floor inbetween my legs. Zayn sat on the coffee table infront of us. 

"I know what's wrong with Emma." 

"Well..." 

"I promised not to tell..." He can not be doing this too me. I need to help my daughter.

"Zayn, please. I need to help her..." 

"But...I think it needs adressing. She's been having nightmares about the near misses of Megan nearly killing her and Charlie...That's why she's so protective of Oscar." I felt my hands clench into fists, the sudden urge to punch something, anything. Niall lifted his hands above his head and grabbed my hands. No, Liam don't get angry...you need to be strong for Emma...

MEGAN IS SUCH A DICK. 

I saw Emma out the corner of my eye, yet again with Niall's guitar...strumming soothing cords and singing softly to Oscar, helping him sleep. I can understand why she was protective of Oscar. It couldn't have been easy on Emma at all. At the age of what? 10 or 11. That's scary. Questions ran through my head...

'How many times had she tried to kill Emma?

Why did she do it?

What had Emma ever done wrong? 

Apart from having an attitude Emma was a reasonable girl. If you told her no she would say nothing more about it...She's a good kid really. Really well behaved for her age. I've seen Zayn's sisters act like 2 year olds at the age Emma was. Emma's voice began to lower and becoming quiet. She was so good at singing...

"Emma?" 

"Yes dad?" She smiled and joined me and the lads in the games room, sitting next to Zayn on the coffee table.

"Have you ever concidered doing anything with your voice?"