one | the living

*Please note that I have never seen the show; Agent Carter, just a couple of scenes and the one I've "written" here is one of them. If anything in my book interferes with the show I apologize, but please remember that this is my adaption of Captain America and I'm not worried about the television series as of right now.*

Face Claim; Crystal Reed.

-

1946

Peggy stared at the thin capsule in her hand

Peggy stared at the thin capsule in her hand. Admiring the velvet red color that smeared the inside of the container. She could feel her pulse quicken at even the sight of this reminder. The sight of him. She looked up at Jarvis as he spoke, his words became muffled in her ears when all the possibilities she could do with the velvet liquid came into her mind.

"I am quite certain there is only one person in the world who knows what to do with this."

Peggy looked down at the liquid again, its vibrant color almost matched the hue that adorned her well kept nails.

"You, Ms. Carter."

Every breath in Peggy's body left her in that single moment. Steve's blood, the last remainder of Steve in this world; sat in her hand and she knew there was only one thing she could do with it.

-

There's only so much a person could go through before they break. Death of a loved one consumes your entire self-being until your numb from head to toe. The numbness comes before the pain of acknowledgement, and that's where Peggy was right now. Acknowledging the fact that Steve was no longer here. Steve was no long apart of his world, but he never left hers.

A breath finally escaped Peggy's lips as she retracted her arm from hovering above the ocean. She stood on a pier in front of the Brooklyn Bridge. Just seconds ago she was ready to pour Steve's blood into the water, where his decayed body laid anywhere underneath deep sea level. A choked sob pounded against her heaving chest while she held the capsule against it.

How could she have almost done that? How could she have almost thrown away the one man she's ever loved.

She wasn't ready.

She may never be.

-

1949

With Howard Stark's genius inventions, Peggy Carters's unstable love for a dead man, and Steve Roger's blood; she was born.

A beautiful brown haired, paled skin, and blue-eyed girl- she was almost like Snow White.

-

a/n; I know it's short, it's more of a pre-first chapter, if you will. Don't forget to vote & comment, thank you! -e