Chapter one

CHAPTER ONE
"Who's kid am I babysitting again?"

  A bright light absorbs the room into colour, awakening Holland's peaceful and comforting sleep

  A bright light absorbs the room into colour, awakening Holland's peaceful and comforting sleep. The girl's soft eyelids squeeze shut until the redness of her skin fortunately overtakes the brightness of the early morning sunlight.

  "You've got ten minutes until you have to leave for your first job." Holland's mother slurs, a big grin on her face lingers as she stand in front of the opened window, a clean glass of wine clutched into her shaking fingers.

  "It's only early in the morning mum, take it easy on the drinking." The strawberry blonde sighs as she climbs out of her messy bed and stretches out her freckled arms.

  "You can't tell me what to do, I'm the mother in this house." She giggles before swigging large gulps out of the wine glass, the sunlight blaring from out the window reflects through her mother's dark eyes. The pain deep down inside her washed away by alcohol.

  "So who's kid am I baby sitting again?" Holland asks as she hesitantly changes clothing in front of her mum, scared of the judgement she might receive.

  "Your cousin Jared's best friend, Jensen - his daughter named Justice. Adorable little thing she is." Holland's mother takes the last sip out of her glass and looks at her daughter changing before her. The judgement in her face visible as she leans her anorexic body against the door frame.

  "Okay." Holland nods, not seeking to care about her mother's scolding look and pulling her head through a beautiful pink dress she found in her cupboard.

  "Seven minutes." Her mother's wrinkled fingers gently tap the glass of her golden watch, careful it would break by the simple touch. She heaves herself off the doorframe and turns on her heels, leaving the room without another word.

  Holland steps into the main bathroom, her appearance better than imagined. She stands tall and peers at herself in the mirror, a large smile seeping into her skin. She's finally gaining back all the wait her mother forced her to loose, she's healthy again.

  The kitchen from across the hall was calling for her as her stomach growls repeatedly, Holland takes one last look at herself and proudly walks towards the kitchen with her shoulders held Hugh. Her mother stands at the counter poring herself another glass of some form of alcohol.

  "Mum, please take care of yourself." Holland helps herself to a healthy breakfast of fruit and leaves towards her car.