It wasn't much else fa me ta say on shit. I just kno' damn well I ain't want ha ass livin' thea no mo. Fuck errybody else, get my baybeh outta thea.

"That guy, he's was, it—" "Cyd." I said warning ha ta stop stuttering.

She cleared ha throat, "It was Deon."

I ain't say shit fa a good minute, I had ta level myself out. No doubt I was mad but I really ain't feel like lashing out right now plus I haven't in a long ass time. I wanted to keep it that way.

"I don't want you getting mad or anything," she grabbed my face and made me look at ha, "because I am moving out and soon."

"I'm glad as hell I ain't press you ta tell me earlier cause this shit really just blew me." I made sure she knew that.

"Did he kno' who you was?" I asked.

She nodded, "He said my name but I shut the door before he could say anything else."

"Are you good?"

"I mean, yeah. I think so. I wanna be good." She shrugged.

"Are you or are you not? You don't seem good." She kept looking away from me so I turned her face to me and held it there.

"Talk to me Cyd," I demanded, "What you want me to do? Just say it and I'll make it happen. Hopefully, it'll be to beat his ass."

She tried ta hold back a smile but failed, "As much as I would love that, I won't let you throw your career away."

"Tell me then, talk to me."

"Can you turn back time to prevent all this from happening?" She asked.

I sighed and she pouted in return already knowing tha ansa.

"Stop that," I flicked her bottom lip making her suck it back in.

Pullin' ha inta hug, she wrapped ha arms around my waist, burying ha head in my chest.

"I can't. But everyday I see you all sad n' shit, I wish I could do something more besides talk ta you, console you and hug you. You deserve better than that."

She didn't say anything but I knew she was listenin' ta me.

"You gon' be straight aight? I ain't mad atcha."

I felt ha nod, "Okay." She mumbled, "I'm not trying to ruin your birthday, even though I lowkey wanted to."

"Whatchu mean you lowkey wanted to?" I repeated.

She shrugged, "Payback."

"Mane, what I eva did bad ta you?" I turnt my lip up at ha.

She sat up from me, "So we just gon' forget the month of July, huh?"