We moved on to a couple of other games and had random conversations. I eventually shook off the fact that I was nervous. I even forgot it was a date because I was actually having a really good time.

Most of the people who were there were children or grandparents of children, so we kinda stuck out. Garrett would talk to some of the kids and stop to watch them play games. He would high five them if they won and give out some of our game tokens. He knew I wouldn't care of course.

"So Austin's pissed at me." He randomly brought up in the middle of playing a game where you shot aliens.

"About what?" I moved on to the game right next to us and grabbed hold of the greasy plastic handgun.

"Taking you here." He chuckled. It was stupid. He didn't sound so angry when I called and asked about it.

He faded to acting more serious. He lost the expedition on the game we were playing together, so he came up to watch what I was playing.

"What the hell- why does he have to act that way? Getting pissed about fucking nothing." I was getting heated up, and apparently that helped me shoot better. I was killing all of the 3D-animated dinosaurs in Jurassic Park with one perfect shot each.

"Calm down dude. I get it, it's alright. I'm not really mad at him back."

I was getting the vibe he brought up, but I tried to change the subject and avoid it. I couldn't think of anything to talk about, so it was just awkward tension. The only thing we focused on was me shooting more dinosaurs.

He came closer to the game and leaned down beside me. He looked me in the eyes but I avoided it.

"You know he likes you, right?"

I threw down the gun in annoyance. It accidentally slid off of the machine and dropped to the floor. The gun dangled off of its neon orange chord and hovered over the carpet. My fingernails scratched at my lip.

"I guess I do now."

His eyes didn't break off contact from mine. He continued to stare longer and quickly furrowed his brows into anger.

"Well do you like him back?" He said, disgusted.

"No. What the hell? No. Why can't people just be friends and nothing more?"

I knew in the back of my mind I secretly meant 'Why can't WE be just friends?'. It set me off that he was getting mad that Austin liked me. So what if I liked him back? I'm not his property, I can like whoever the hell I please.

His bicep reached to rub the back of his neck.

"I'm sorry... that was a dick move."

His eyes trailed off to some of the kids that were running past us to another game.

"It's fine."

I tried letting my anger go by seeming more cheerful. I giggled at a lot of what he said and tried to push away the thought that both him and Austin liked me. I already knew that, but now it was finalized. That made it 10 times weirder. Like I doubted my old beliefs to find out that I was unfortunately right.

I liked both of them as people. They're so fun to be around and amazing listeners. Did I have to choose? I think my answer was already official because we were on a date.

We went into the line to get pepsis when I glanced at the electric clock. 8:42.

"Woah we've been here for 2 hours."

He made our order before answering to my response. He took my hand and walked me to the side while we waited. His body protectively stayed close to mine.