Chapter 8: R.I.P.

*Anais POV*

My head throbs of pain, I keep turning it to make it stop but it still hurts. I place my hand on my forehead and massage it to help, but it does nothing.

I finally open my eyes, rub them, and look around. Where am I?

I think about last night, I try my best to try to remember. My brain is working slow, probably because I just woke up. I lean up and look around the room, I see no clue of where I could possibly be.

I quietly get out of the bed and walk towards the door. I carefully open it and peer out of the bedroom. From where I'm standing I could perfectly see the tiny kitchen. In the kitchen, back facing me, was Chase. Right away thoughts from last night hit me like a brick. With that thought my head throbbed a little harder. I rub my eyes with the back of my hand.

I stand still and just watch him, it looks like hes cooking. I couldn't really see where the oven or the sink was from here.

Chase took a step back and in front of him something flew up in the air and landed splat on the floor. He cursed under his mouth and bent down to oick it up.

Gaining some confidence, I stepped out the room and walked toward the table that was in front of the entrance to the kitchen. I grabbed a chair and pulled it back so I could sit.

"Morning," I quietly spoke. I guess he didn't know that I was awake, because he slightly jumped and turned around.

"I wouldn't have expected you to be up so early," he said glancing at the time. I followed his eyes towards the clock, it was only 9:53am.

"What do you mean?" I tilted my head a little to the right, like how a dog does when he's confused.

"Well," he said thinking about what he should say,"after last night normally you would've slept till the afternoon."

I rubbed my eyes. I see what he meant, he didn't want to offend me because of last night. I agreed, no wonder my head is hurting, I probably had a hang over, but instead I woke up early.

"What are you making?" I said looking at the kitchen and seeing where the stove and the sink are.

"Well... I'm no chef," he warned,"so I'm not an expert. But I'm trying to accomplish pancake making."

"Pancake making." I giggled. I looked at the ingredients that were on the counter. Everything was there except. ..

"You forgot the eggs."

"What?" He turned around and looked over the ingredients. He grabbed the pancake box and looked over the instructions and signed.

"Next time double check to make sure you got everything, " I said walking to him."You want me to cook?"

Straight away he answered, "No! You're the guest! I can do it."

"It doesn't matter. Plus, next time you might forget the pan to cook them on" I joke. He didn't argue, but just moved to the side so I can make some pancakes.

After a few minutes, I poured the mix into the pan and watched it cook. A few more pancakes later they were to perfection. Almost forgetting I grabbed the cold syrup from the counter, placed it into a bowl of water and microwave it for a minute.

Once done I grabbed everything and set them on the table. Too busy being excited that I made pancakes after what seemed like centuries ago, I realized Chase wasn't at the table.

I walked over to the bedroom and saw him on the bed playing Candy Crush. I rubbed my eyes before saying.

"Devine, " The phone spoke as he matched the candies together. I giggled to get his attention.