"In about fifteen minutes. Laura has your breakfast for you downstairs, and everything you need to know about taking care of Nathaniel is on the fridge," Clint answered.

"Got it."

Clint strolled over to Marlena and placed his hands on top of her shoulders. During the few days she had been staying at his home, he had noticed a change in her character, and he knew it had everything to do with Bucky being gone. He worried about her, so much to the point that he was almost afraid to leave her alone, but he wanted to trust her. And, just as Marlena had said, he knew she loved Nathan and was using that as an attempt to make her feel better.

"You're going to be okay, Mar," Clint assured her.

Marlena gave a small smile; she knew what he was referring to. "One can only hope."

"Of course," he snorted, ruffling her hair slightly. "It's not fun seeing you writhe around in pain every day when you act like you aren't."

"Goodbye, Clint," Marlena chuckled and shook her head. "I hope you guys have fun at your lakehouse. I'll be here with Nathan watching movies and emptying your refrigerator."

Clint smiled and moved to head out of her room. "Goodbye, Marlena," he said before closing the door behind him.

Marlena changed out of her pajamas and into her new clothes. She threw her hair into a messy bun and put on a pair of socks before finally heading out of her room. She made her way down the stairs and into the kitchen, where Laura currently sat with the kids and Wanda. Laura looked up at Marlena from her place at the stove and delivered a smile, one of which Marlena returned.

"Thank you for looking after Nathaniel today," Laura said to her. "Taking him fishing with us would have been so hectic for me, especially with Cooper and Lila."

"Hey," Cooper chimed in. "I'm getting better about being annoying. Lila is the one you gotta worry about."

"Shut up, Cooper," Lila muttered, earning a laugh from Marlena.

"It's no problem, Laura," Marlena assured her as she moved to sit down beside Wanda at the table. "We're gonna have fun together. . .hopefully."

Wanda snickered and shoved a piece of bacon into her mouth. "Let's just hope he does not vomit on you like he did with Clint just a few minutes ago."

"Is that why they aren't in here?"

Laura nodded and sat a plate down in front of Marlena. "He threw up all over his vest. Clint forgot just how much Nathan doesn't like pureed peas."

"Ew," Marlena murmured, taking a bite of her french toast. "Now I know not to feed him pureed peas."

"That would be a smart thing to remember," Cooper told Marlena. "He also hates carrots. I don't know why mom and dad still buy it, but y'know, that's their problem."

Laura gave Cooper a look. "Cooper, really?"

He threw his hands up in defeat. "I'm just makin' a statement, Mama."

"Whatever you do," Laura started, turning to look at Wanda and Marlena. "Don't have kids."

"As of right now I don't think that's going to be an issue for me," Marlena tried to joke, though her facial expression gave her away.

Laura frowned and put down her fork. "Marlena, I'm sorry, sweetie."

Marlena shook her head and managed to muster up a smile. "Don't worry. It's okay."

____________________

Marlena grimaced as she washed the vomit from her shirt. She had just finished feeding Nathan, only for him to vomit his food back up onto her shirt. She loved taking care of Nathan, but she didn't like him emptying his bodily fluids onto her. It was disgusting and reminded her of a time when Mason knew nothing but how to vomit on everyone who held him, a time in which she had tried to forget.