We Need a Diversion

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

Marlena, Bucky, and Sam sat on the floor of the airport terminal, looking out over the tarmac as they waited to hear from Redwing. They were looking for the quinjet Tony and the rest of his team had arrived in, as Tony had destroyed the helicopter they had originally planned to head out in. They were in a very inconvenient and frustrating situation, and Marlena couldn't wait until it was resolved.

"We found it," Sam spoke through comms after moments of intense silence, relieving Marlena slightly. "The quinjet's in hangar five."

"We gotta go," Bucky said as he pulled Marlena off of the terminal ground.

The three began running through the terminal in an attempt to get to hangar five. Marlena wanted nothing more than to reach the quinjet so they could leave. She could already hear Steve fighting outside, and she didn't quite think she was ready to join that fight.

Marlena glanced over towards the window as a childish voice grew annoyingly louder inside her head, and watched with furrowed brows as a small man in a red suit attached himself to the terminal window. Her mind began filling with information about the boy, information that unsettled her to the core. He was young, far too young; that much Marlena knew. The fact of it made her much angrier at Tony than she already was. She didn't care that the boy was enhanced; she hated that he had been dragged into business that wasn't his to begin with.

"What the hell is that?" Bucky exclaimed as the trio continued running.

"Peter Parker," Marlena breathed out.

"Everybody's got a gimmick now," Sam grumbled as he ran faster.

Marlena let out a deep breath as she tried to keep up with them. She was fast, and she could run with ease, but she was nowhere near close to being able to hold herself to the extent in which Sam and Bucky were able to. Being in platformed shoes only made it harder for her.

"I might be enhanced, but I'm still in heels, you asshats," she exclaimed as she pushed herself further, suddenly hating Tony for giving her platformed shoes to do physical activity in.

Sam or Bucky didn't have the time to even laugh at Marlena's remark before Peter burst through the window, ready to comply with the orders Tony had given him.

His aim had originally been intended for Sam, but given the speed in which they were all running, he struck Marlena instead, angering both Sam and Bucky immediately. Marlena let out a small squeal as she flew through the air, and a pained cry escaped her lips as she struck the wall.

"That wasn't supposed to happen," Peter muttered to himself.

"Marlena!" Sam exclaimed as he ran over to assist her, leaving Bucky to handle his anger with the mysterious red-suited man.

Bucky threw a punch at him, but Peter's reflexes were much too quick for even him. He caught Bucky's metal fist in the palm of his hand, moving it downward as if to get a better look at it.