Chapter 6 : Uchiha's Reunion

Kichiro and Eiji quickly hid in the corners of the room, away from the view of the door which is about to open the house. The door slides open causing Kichiro and Eiji to tighten their grips on their kunai.

A slipper steps in before 2 people appear in the room. They both in cloaks of black with red clouds and wooden hats with bells on them. They one by one took off their hats revealing that the 2 individuals that had just come in are Kisame and Itachi Uchiha.

Eiji and Kichiro lower their weapons slightly but both of them jumped in front of Hanako just in case. Kisame looks at the 3 shinobi in confusing, wondering where he has seen them before and why they are doing in this house.

"I see you three have made it back," Itachi announces before taking a seat at the zabuton across from Hanako.

"Who are these people, Itachi?" Kisame asks places his sword on the ground.

"Don't tell me you forgot already, Kisame," Itachi says with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

Eiji and Kichiro don't lower their guard as Kisame tries to remember where these 3 shinobi are from. Itachi closed his eyes as he is waiting for Kisame to remember. Hanako stares at Itachi.

"Pff, do I look like the type of person who will forget? What are your students doing here? Are they suppose to be in the leaf village helping the nine tailed fox and your little brother." Kisame says taking a seat next to Itachi.

"They have finished their mission over there so now they've returned back home," Itachi says with his eyes still close.

Kichiro and Eiji decide to lower their weapons and take a seat beside Hanako. Itachi opens his eyes to meet Hanako's. Her eyes are as dull as a butter knife, why?

Itachi stares in shock at Hanako's lack of expression or excitement. Kisame gives a sharky grin to Kichiro and Eiji which cause them to glare at him. He quickly glances at Hanako who didn't seem to care.

"Did you really have to bring that fish back here?" Eiji says scrunching up his nose.

"Who are you calling a fish?!" Kisame shouts before pointing his sword at Eiji.

"Well, you do bring the smell of dead fish and ocean in here. You probably sweat seawater too." Kichiro says with a cheeky grin.

"Why you?!" Kisame shouts before putting Kichiro in a deadlock.

Hanako ignores the 3 delinquents in the room and looks back at Itachi who signals with his eyes to silently leave the room. She silently follows Itachi as they take the old forest path down the hill.

Itachi stops and turns around to face Hanako who seems to be looking off into the distance. She then turns to face Itachi with an expressionless face. Itachi reaches out to touch her but she turns around.

"I failed," Hanako whispers with her back facing Itachi.

"Hanako," Itachi says walking towards her before stopping behind her.

"I failed to stop him. I failed, Itachi." Hanako whispers before covering her face with her hands.

Itachi doesn't express anything on his face as he hugs Hanako from behind. He stands there listening as Hanako silently cries. This is the first time she is crying in front of Itachi. Soon raindrops start to fall heavily on them.

"Hanako, it's ok. You can't stop a man in hunger for revenge especially Sasuke. You are not to blame if he decides to choose this path." Itachi whispers.

"I know Itachi but it still hurts. It hurts when he says all those nice things to me and make me feel the same way you treated me before you left. It hurts so much, this feeling of betrayal by someone you love so much." Hanako turns around to cling onto Itachi's cloak as Itachi stands there.

"Hanako," Itachi whispers pulling her closer to him.

Hanako loudly sobs but it's almost unbearable with the sound of all the heavy rain pouring down on them and the ground.

"He doesn't want me, Itachi. He doesn't want. No one will ever want me." Hanako cries into Itachi's shirt.

"You're wrong, Hanako. I want you."