Chapter 23

Kurse speaks to Malekith in elvish and I wait for the time to strike nervously, but I don't show it.
Malekith and Loki are assessing each other, probably a male dominance thing.
Malekith walks over to Thor. "Look at me." He commands.

He nudges Thor with his foot. Thor rolls to his back with obvious difficulty. Malekith sees his amputed hand and raises one arm. Jane levitates into the air. We watch as Malekith draws the Aether from Jane. When the Aether leaves her body, Jane drops to the ground, the Aether temporarily hovers in the air between us. Vulnerable.

"Loki! Now!" Thor shouts.

Loki returns Thor's hand back then leaps over to Jane, shielding her. Whilst I attempt to use a force field. Thor calls Mjolnir and tries to destroy the Aether, it explodes and turns into glass shards. As the explosion hits my shield, it holds. It's working against the infinity stone. However we have lost as Malekith is drawing the Aether to him, he turns around and departs to his ship. So obviously we attack. Kurse throws a black hole grenade at Loki and Jane. Loki pushes Jane out of range but he is sucked into the black hole. So I fly up and grab him and pull him back to the ground. Panting from my efforts as he lands on top of me, our hearts racing.

"Thank you" he says quietly as he softly kisses me on the lips.
"Stop slacking" I chuckle pushing him off of me.

Thor take on Kurse as Loki and I deal with the handful of Dark Elves that Malekith sent. Loki and I move in perfect sync, punching and kicking our way through. Damn I feel like Tasha right now, I'm so awesome.

After Loki and I defeat the Dark Elves, we look to Thor and see him being smashed into the ground by Kurse.
"I've got this you get Jane" Loki commands.
"Okay" I say running to Jane.
I walk forward with Jane asking if she is alright and checking her for injuries. When I look up I see Kurse turn around to face Loki and impale him through the chest with a huge blade that was coming from his chest.

"No!" Thor and I scream.
Kurse flings Loki to the ground and walks towards him. He seems completely unaffected by his injury.
I run forward and see Kurse get sucked up by a black hole grenade.

"No, no, no..." Thor gathers Loki in his arms with care. "Oh, you fool, you didn't listen."
"I know... I'm a fool, I'm a fool." Loki stutters.
"Stay with me, okay?" Thor asks. I reach them after what feels like hours but was only seconds and drop to the other side of Loki
"I'm sorry... I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He says to us
"Shh... It's okay." Thor calms him.
"No I'm sorry, I love you stay with me, please" I beg through sobs.
Loki's expression grows calm as he stops shaking. His face begins to turn a strange color.

"It's all right. I'll tell Father what you did here today."
"I didn't do it for him, look after our child my beautiful Alice." Loki smiles.
Then his breathing stops.
Thor screams in anguish.
"NO NO NO NO NO!" I scream and cry.
I feel like my heart has just been ripped out. My throat hurts from my screaming.
I cradle his dead body to my chest.
"Come back" I whisper now barely able to speak.
"I'm sorry come back please"
"Loki I need you"
I sit there holding him and crying.
I notice that Thor and Jane have left me.

They return minutes later.

"Alice" Thor says softly.
I look up, my face red and swollen, tears still uncontrollably streaming.

"We found a way to Midgard" he continues.

I nod in understanding. We still have to take down Malekith and trust me. He will die. He took what was mine.

I get up reluctantly and with one last glance I began to walk away. My face hardens and I stop crying, my sadness replaced with my new found rage.

Forgive me.

What was that? Probably just my imagination.