13 - My Cheerleader(s)

My cheerleader is a many-headed hydra who inspires me, whips me onwards and distracts me in equal measure. Yup, you guessed it, my family, made up of code names:

Simba: My (now) 4 year old does things like shove me in my studio and tells me to write a sign saying "no witchery allowed" and stick it on the door. Which of course inspires much witchery and mayhem. He says my jobs are writing, being a mommy and working on campus. In that order! We also have a tradition of cuddling in bed (every night before Poppet came along, now less frequent as she has a birdlike attention span) and spinning 'Poppy Stories'. These are ongoing serials featuring strange insects, beasties and beings in strange and wondrous lands. He gives me as many ideas as I've given him.

Poppet: My wild 2 year old like to run over during said stories and yell: "I tell you something" after which point she whispers in my ear "chocolate". When I'm trying to write she grabs my pen or stabs at the keyboard and says: "my turn mama, sharing is caring."

Orca: My man, who doesn't read a thing I write but confidently proclaims I'm brilliant (one day I'll live up to that) and is responsible for making me show my work to anyone, aka posting on Wattpad in the first place.

My folks: Who are just great and have always encouraged my writing flights of fancy. Not a solid career choice but hey it makes me happy and that's always been enough for them.