Chapter 17: Against Virel's Wrath

Start from the beginning

"We were tricked?"  Charle replied.

"Let's go back to the ground.  Maybe that sign might have an answer."  Wendy replied.

As Charle did so, Wendy stared at the sign again, and re-read the words through her mind over and over.

"Returning is continuing...?"  Wendy murmured, staring at the portal as she repeated those words.

Suddenly, it clicked.

"I got it!"  Wendy exclaimed childishly, feeling immensly proud of herself.

"You figured out the sign?"  Charle asked, excited.

Wendy nodded excitedly.  "We have to go back through the portal we came through.  If I'm right, then instead of going back out to the stairs, we'll be somewhere else!  Get it?"

It took Charle a second, with her looking from the sign and then back to the portal, her expression thoughtful.  

Then, she turned back to Wendy.  "That's brilliant, Wendy!"

Wendy blushed.  "Oh, well...it was easy..."

"Let's go!"  Charle exclaimed, grabbing ahold of Wendy from behind.

"Right!  Let's hurry!"

Going at high speed, Charle headed straight for the portal, and Wendy held her breath and hoped that she was right.  As they sailed through it, Wendy closed her eyes for a second so the light wouldn't damage her eyes, but reopened them just as the flash vanished.

They were standing on a staircase, but there was only one in a vast openess of blackness.  It winded far out in front of Wendy and Charle, and then winded upwards to a light source high above.

However, the light source was extremely far up; as high as stars would be in the sky.

"We did it!"  Wendy exclaimed, despite herself.

"But that's so far away..."  Charle replied, slightly conflicted.

"But we have to hurry!"  Wendy exclaimed. "Let's get going!"

"Fine.  Hang on, Wendy!"

"Right!"

_________________________________________________________________________________

"Fire Dragon's...Roar!"  Natsu exclaimed, throwing his head back as fire oozed from the corner of his mouth.

With a loud explosion, Natsu's flames collided into the wall where all the raptor machines were residing, and they screetched in protest as Natsu attacked them at their core.  As the ground rumbled as Natsu's attack took affect, Natsu's stance was stiff and reactant to his magic, making sure he aimed right.  Debris fell from the ceiling, and all the machines were forced to return to the ground.

Shutting his mouth abruptly, Natsu grinned at the damage as the smoke cleared.

All the machines had dropped to the ground, but only a small set of them had been destroyed.  The rest of the ones remained intact and unharmed, and they looked at their destroyed comrades.  The ones charred by Natsu's fire were burned to a deep magenta, and when they tried to move, their joints screeched loudly in protest.  In response, the set of damaged raptors' eyes burnt out, and they instantly fell apart with a clatter, the noise of a machine dying rising through the air.

"How'd you like that?"  Natsu exclaimed, smirking as the flames on his fist swooshed through the disrupting breezes.

The raptors screeched loudly, making Natsu flinched with not only startlement, but with pain as his ears took the damage.