Chapter 15: Traps and Striving For Revenge

Hello, everyone!  Please forgive me for such a short chapter...this was all I could give you all! ;A;  The next one will be more action packed, I promise. ♥ I'm planning on really focusing on the fight scenes, especially the one with Natsu vs. Virel. c:  So, gomen'nasai for making you all wait for so long!  I will try to update as soon as possible!  Volleyball has gotten in the way too much, and tests have been way too stressful.  I really need a break...

The multimedia is a song that I think fits well with this chapter; I hope you all like it! c:

I dedicate this chapter to kitcat5510. c:  I love her Fairy Tail fan fictions; they are very spontaneous!  She's been on here a long time, and deserves more watchers than what she currently has! ♥ I hope you all enjoy this chapter, and until next time!  Remember, feedback is very much appreciated!!

--я y - c н α η ;

ೋღ♥ ღೋ

======================================================================

"Erza, what are we going to do when we get to the Ceremonial Temple?"  Wendy asked, running along side her.  "Most likely, it's still in ruins, and there's no way Virel would keep Lucy there.  At least, I don't think he would..."

"That is a possibility,"  Erza started.  "However..."

"...It's the only lead we have."  Gray finished, running on Erza's right side.

Natsu was ahead, getting a feeling that they were getting close.  They were running up another hill as they had many times already.  Natsu and the others remembered the way, thankfully.

"Besides,"  Charle started, "Knowing Virel, maybe he thought we wouldn't come, because this place would be too obvious."

Natsu abruptly stopped, his breath catching.  "This is..."

Everyone else stopped.

"What is it, Natsu?"  Happy asked, floating above him.

Natsu's expression turned sour.  "Virel's scent.  We're close."

_________________________________________________________________________________

Lucy didn't move an inch; she hurt to much to do so.

Despite her protests, Lucy had been powerless to keep Virel at bay.  And as he departed, he had given her a "parting gift"; a slash to the shoulder.  Now, Lucy didn't know whether it was morning or night; when she looked up to see the sky above her, she saw it was dark again.

I must have slept through the day.

Lucy heard footsteps, and dread started to fill her.  It only increased when Virel walked in, his arms by his sides.

"What's with checking up on me?"  Lucy asked, her expression tight.

Virel looked at her.  "I was giving you a chance to change your mind."

"Change my mind about what?"  Lucy asked, scowling.

Virel smirked.

As soon as he did, Lucy remembered what he meant from yesterday.

"If you don't cooperate, I'll annihilate your friends until you reconsider."

Lucy gulped.

Virel laughed darkly.  "So, what will it be?  Be on my side in exchange for your friend's safety?"

Lucy was silent for a moment, her face conflicted.