Chapter 5 Goodbye Ryza, Goodbye RK

Chapter 5: Goodbye Ryza, Goodbye RK

                 I checked my phone and saw that there was still no reply from Takai. I sighed and set my phone back down on the table and brushed my hair to get ready for school. It had been two weeks since Golden Week. He and Ayame were gone the second we came back from Kobe. During the school days, they would only show up for hours at a time before going back to the company. I guess Takai was too busy to just say hi. I grabbed my stuff and hurried down stairs to join Tadashi in the car. We got to Ryza and the normal day began again.

        I sat at my desk and pulled out my textbooks. I flipped through the pages and busied myself with reviewing for my exams. Hours slowly crawled by, and Tadashi would pop in, from time to time, to bring me snacks. My teachers came and left. I finished each of my exams easily, but I was still exhausted when I finished. Lunchtime was a much needed break.

        When I got to the usual meeting place, I found Ichirou napping on one of the couches and Tadashi sipping tea. I came and sat beside Tadashi and leaned my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes.

      "What's wrong with Isane?" Keiko asked, walking out of the kitchen.

      "She's just exhausted from exams." Tadashi replied for me.

      "Oh, okay, well, the food is ready." Keiko brought out the lunch boxes.

        I slowly opened my eyes and picked up one of the bentos and opened it to find four different kinds of sushi. There was spicy tuna, avocado, shrimp, and grilled unagi. I sat up and picked at my food, slowly eating it.

      "Are Takai and Ayame here today?" I asked.

      "No, they have some meeting that will take the whole day today." Tadashi replied.

        I nodded. I finished my lunch and headed out. I walked down the massive stairs and headed to the athletics wing of Ryza. I changed in the locker room and walked to the running track. I was walking down the hall, when I heard someone shouted my name. I spun around to see a crowd of girls, the same ones that had bullied me earlier.

        "Hey Nakamura senpai’s cousin, don't think that just because you're his cousin, you are welcomed here." Rachel, the instigator from the first incident, followed by her follower, Sarah, stepped forth. "We don't care what RK would does to us. We are just going to rid Ryza of pests like you." Rachel held out her hand and someone placed an egg in it. All of the other students took out eggs.

      "Wait, look we don't have to do this." I stammered walking backwards. "I don't want there to be any trouble."

      "Oh sorry, but you already caused trouble when you came here." Rachel retorted.

        Suddenly, all of the students hurled eggs at me. I screamed, but I didn't feel the pounding of the hard eggs. Instead, I felt someone covering me. Tadashi. I thought in my head, gratefully. 

      "Oh no, Akutagawa senpai, we are so sorry. We did not mean to hit you." Someone shouted.

        I heard uproar of apologies from the crowd.  Wait, Akutagawa senpai? Takai! I looked up to see the back of Takai's uniform blazer covered in the golden stains from the egg. His face and hair was also covered in egg yolk.

      "Are you alright?" He asked, looking me in the eye.

        I nodded. "Thank you so much, are you alright?"