The Queen's Letter

Ciel sat on his soft and comfortable bed, getting prepared to retire for the night. Just a couple of hours before, he and his butler, Sebastian had taught a despicable man a lesson about messing with the Queen's guard dog.

     "...'Because dead men tell no tales'... a rather clever line, young Lord." Sebastian chuckled.

Ciel smiled and waited for Sebastian to remove his eye patch.

     "Today's game wasn't interesting. How boring." sighed Ciel.

Sebastian removed the eye patch, revealing the contract seal that kept him bound to Ciel Phantomhive. When Ciel was younger, his manor had suspiciously caught on fire, and his parents were brutally murdered. The poor boy searched and searched for help, but nobody seemed to be in sight. Tanaka, the house stewart, had also been slashed before his eyes, leaving him completely alone. He was kidnapped and tortured worse than any animal. Oh, how he hated those people. How he wanted to make those people suffer the same pain and humiliation that he did. Sebastian had killed all of the people involved in this sick "game" as soon as Ciel had made the contract with him. From that day on, the two worked as a team along with three servants, and for some strange reason, Tanaka.

     "Forgive me, but I'm afraid there is something I must give you before you retire. Mr. Lau gave it to me and told me that a pair of young men dressed in white gave it to him. They must have thought he was a servant or something of the sort." Sebastian explained as he handed the letter to Ciel.

Ciel looked at the seal on the letter. His eyes widened and opened it instantly. He read:

     "Hello dear boy,

I hope you are doing well. I apologize for interrupting your studies or important plans, but there is a dangerous situation at hand. It seems that there is a travelling troupe that goes to different towns to perform, and although this sounds completely normal, there are children going missing from the same towns they are visiting. This may well be a coincidence, but we need to do everything possible to find these children and return them to their families. The loss of a family member is certainly devastating, which is the reason we must hurry. Find the people responsible, and save the children.

                                                                                                 Sincerely,

                                                                                                                    Queen Victoria"

Inside the envelope were two purple tickets with a golden border. The tickets read, "The Noah's Ark Circus". Ciel sighed, looked up at Sebastian, and nodded as if to say, "You know what we have to do".

     "We begin in the morning, Sebastian. Understand?" said Ciel firmly.

Sebastian did his signature bow and smiled demonically.

     "Yes, my Lord."