prologue.

a chance encounter with a mysterious boy.

[Name]'s never been one for conversation, nor new days at school. She's only moved school twice in the span of five years, so she isn't very familiar with them. Though she doesn't know much about switching schools, she knows the exact gnawing feeling that she gets every single time she introduces herself in front of the class. It's just like the feeling when you need to poop and fart and the same time, but you're scared you'll poop your pants (though it's true, she doesn't really want to admit it. It's too vulgar to say). It also doesn't help that you're awfully 'special', and people treat you like a weirdo.

From the start of her existence, [Name] has always been able to see the dead. As a child, she's always thought of them as 'imaginary friends', but once she had grown up into a slightly disheveled and awkward teenager, she had realised that they were in fact, ghosts. [Name] doesn't mind, really. She thinks it's pretty cool that she can see them. However, everything does come at a price—friendship. See, it's incredibly hard to make friends when you can see these types of things all the time, and it's super hard to attempt to ignore pale, lonely figures who sometimes float in the air.

So when time comes around and she's left at the school gates, [Name] stands there with conflicting feelings. Staring at the thick concrete buildings around her with a sort of dumb look, she casts her gaze to the car that is speeding away in the horizon. Her mother had wished her luck with the school day, and attempted to reassure her that everything was going to be fine. Oh how she wish she'd have the guts to crawl herself back into the car and never leave.

"Hey, are you going to move?" Someone asks her from behind, and she jumps so high that she swears she can set a new record. Squeaking out a small 'sorry!' she moves to the side with embarrassment, bowing down and constantly apologising in rushed Korean. The person sends her an annoyed look before quickly scuttling away into the crowd of students at the front.

Shrugging it off, [Name] re-adjusts her book bag and heads off into the school, squeezing through the large amounts of students swarming to get to class.

First period actually goes by fairly quickly, save for the part where she had to introduce herself in front of the entire class. Even though she had rehearsed it multiple times in the mirror, she still screwed up in the presence of many.

After her horrible self introduction (that produced a lot of giggles) the teacher instructs her to sit in a spare spot—that apparently had belonged to a student by the name of Jeon Jungkook—by the window, and tells her to take her books out. It's a pretty boring class, and [Name]'s pretty sure she's learnt everything already. Throughout the day, she just stares out the window the whole time, and lets her mind wonder about. She thinks about her old friends at her school, and wonders how they're doing.

Are they missing her? She's certainly missing them.

She's in her last year of highschool, and [Name] asks herself why did she have to move from Canada to Korea just for her last year. Why couldn't she have finished up her education in Canada? There's a lot of unanswered questions she has, and most of them don't even make sense.

Her stomach rumbles, and she wraps her arms around her stomach. She literally cannot wait to eat—she's starving! She missed out on breakfast because she was too busy stressing out about how her first day of school is going to be like. Honestly, it's strangely normal, and nothing has stuck out too much for her. Damn you 7AM me, she curses inside her head.

A few long hours pass and the bell rings, indicating that lunch break has started. There's a huge rush of students flowing out the door, all excited to meet up with their friends and gossip about their day so far. [Name], being the naturally awkward person she is, she decides to eat lunch alone. She figures that she'll eat it on the rooftop of the school, since no one really hangs out there—plus, she's sure that she'll meet someone there. Possibly her future husband! It happens all the time in the dramas she watches.