Chapter 52 - Monster

Start from the beginning

I finally introduced Nigel to them as my boyfriend. At first, they seemed to give me a confused look because they had never seen Nigel in flesh even once in the shop before... however, when I intoduced him to them, they all immediately recognized him being the famous Nigelito Joaquin Sarmiento.

Then, they were like asking me in their eyes what happened to Javier. Well, it was Javier who often visited me in the cake shop before.

"Javier and I just won't work out," I told them honestly.

Nigel just didn't seem to bother anyway. He just let himself be engrossed talking with Mrs. Riviera who appeared excited of my announcement.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

We also went to the orphanage. Mother Clarita, the nuns, and the kids welcomed Nigel warmly. He apologized to Mother Clarita for having been not able to visit to the orphanage the past months because of his hectic schedule. The former didn't find it a problem. She was even thanking him for the continuous support coming from him. When I learned about the continued support that Nigel was providing to the orphanage, it made me the happiest woman on earth.

When I finally told Mother Clarita that Nigel was now my boyfriend, the nun embraced me happily.

"I just felt it before that this man is the right one for you," she stated.

It made me recall that there was once a time before that she was actually playing Cupid for Nigel and me. I couldn't help but smile at her.

Nigel went back to the capital that day.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

When Monday came, I reported back to the university for the preparation of all my graduation requirements. That day, my attention was called to report to the Scholarship Department.

Happily, I greeted Miss Dela Rosa, the In-Charge of the Scholarship Department Office, when I came in.

"Your benefactor, for sure, would never want to miss your first day in the university after your internship. What's with this guy? Why does he always know your schedule?" Miss Dela Rosa wondered as she handed me a familiar white envelope but, this time, it was accompanied by a long-stemmed rose. "And with a rose this time, huh?"

I gave her my most beautiful smile. "He just has this crazy private investigator stalking me all the time."

"Huh?" she asked bewildered like she couldn't believe it. I didn't insist her to believe me anyway.

"And he's pretty possessive," I added.

Miss Dela Rosa appeared really confused.

"Did I miss something, Miss Ruiz? He's become possessive since you've exchanged notes?"

"You actually missed a lot of things, Miss Dela Rosa," I told her as I smiled. She was actually the one who found the means so I got to exchange notes with S. Eliakim.

"Oh!" she gasped her mouth with a palm but I was pretty sure that she wasn't still able to get it.

I held both of her hands and she seemed surprised of the act. "Thank you. Thank you so much, Miss Dela Rosa, for everything. You've been very, very good to me. I will never forget you."

She seemed teary-eyed this time. "Thank you also, Miss Ruiz, for being such a sweet thing. I'll also never forget you. You're like the sweetest scholar in this university... and you've actually become a friend to me..."

Yeah, it surprised me to know that we actually build some kind of connection as friends though we always addressed each other formally.

"Yeah, thank you so much, Miss Dela Rosa," I said.