Chapter 18 - Phobia

~~~ CHAPTER 18 - PHOBIA ~~~

"Thank you so much," I said to Dylan when I spotted him with Nigel and his company after I went to the comfort room. Nigel was discussing something to all the guys when I joined the group --- something about sugar as one of the Sarmiento Corporation's biggest export products.

Dylan gave me his angelic smile again. What was with him and his smile?

"So if you're an intern in the main office, why are you here?" I whispered to him so as not to distract the other men's discussion.

"I'm currently writing my narrative report and, I believe, it'd be much more interesting if I include my visits to the President's several manufacturing areas. I major in economics and my knowledge on trade and industry would be very essential to my future career plan," he explained also whispering.

"Wow! Impressive!" I uttered totally impressed with him.

"Thank you," he stated. "By the way, I didn't quite expect that the señorita is indeed as young as you are."

We smiled at each other.

I caught sight of Nigel looking at me with a weird expression in his face. I didn't mind him and continued talking with Dylan.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Having fun?" I heard Nigel from behind me as I treaded the pathway to the parking area where our car was waiting.

When I turned around, I saw him walking alone. I wondered where could Stella be. Finally, the bitch was out of sight.

"So where's your girlfriend?"

"CR," he said as he came closer to me, "So, I believe, you were having fun with Fernandez?"

Fernandez? Oh, yeah, Dylan...

"Guess, I was just lucky having someone to talk," I said honestly. I was supposed to be the one clinging in his arm and talking to him all throughout the tour in the factory. "I don't know why you're always hurting me," I whispered to myself but it was loud enough for him to hear. "Why do you have to bring that girl with us?"

He smirked, "Are you jealous, princess?"

"I don't know how to put it into words. If you'll call it jealousy, then call it jealousy," I said trying to prevent my tears from falling.

I span around to go ahead of him but he instantly gripped my arm.

"Giving up now?" he asked meaningfully.

Immediately, I grasped what he meant. He was referring to our engagement.

"Giving up is never an option to me," I answered confidently.

"Even if I'm dating Stella?" He said searching my eyes for any hint of lie, perhaps. He seemed not convinced with my statement.

"Even if you're dating with a lot of girls, I don't care. I'm still marrying you."

"Seriously?" he asked while gripping my wrist even harder.

"Yes," I stared at his face which was about five inches away from mine.

"Well, then, let's see..." A smile formed in his lips as he released my arm. "Let's see how long you will endure this, princess."

I took a deep breath and met his eyes. "The love I have for you," I pointed my left chest with my right forefinger, "is something that you can't ever imagine. So please, if you have a heart, can you at least try to feel it?"