Chapter 54 - Question and Answer

~~~ CHAPTER 54 - QUESTION AND ANSWER ~~~

Okay.

I did not faint.

Almost.

Almost... like I would stop breathing...

Nigel, truly anxious of my condition, didn't know what to do to energize me... so he kissed me instead.

Just like magic, it brought me back to life.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I learned that at the back of the bed's head, it was the area where he would draw and paint. That area contained paintings... paintings on canvases of any sort... and painting materials on cabinets and some were scattered on the floor.

There were two doors found in that area. One led to a gym where he spent working out and where the door to the hallway was found. The other led to a bar where he said he'd spent when he wanted a drink. I learned eventually that apart from painting on a Sunday, he also worked out... No wonder he had those rocks in his body.

Given a tour of the place, I also learned that this studio combined with his gym, with all the gym facilities, and bar, with all his stock of wine of all sorts, was the biggest space in the unit and actually occupied almost half of his condo. Truly, this was his man cave.

I learned that the studio was the main reason why he couldn't give up this condo, especially the area where my mural portraits were found.

Would you believe it? I stayed here for like a year before and I didn't know there was this place. It looked like a small space when you were in the hallway but when you entered it, it was definitely a numerous size with three different rooms.

"This place was off-limits. Suzana isn't even allowed to come here. How do you manage to keep this neat and clean?" I asked him after seeing the whole area.

"Suzana is allowed at the gym and the bar... but here, this particular space where I paint... no..."

"So, who does the cleaning?"

"I clean it myself," he answered, smiling.

Oh, I couldn't imagine a man as muscular as him and CEO of the Sarmiento Corporation was doing some stuffs like wiping, dusting, or vacuuming the whole area.

"You are really a weird man," I remarked, "really the weirdest man I know."

He grinned and swept me off my feet and carried me back to the white bed.

"And you also have a bed here!" I exclaimed when he was placing me back on it. "Do you sleep here?"

"Most of my nights..." he said, sitting on my side. "This is the perfect place to sleep... you know, with your portraits surrounding me." He winked and I blushed.

Really a weird man... weird... so weird...

Sleeping with my portraits all around him?

And what was with the rose petals on the floor?

"Did you also do that?" I asked, pointing to the petals.

He smiled. "Got nothing to do while you were sleeping... You slept so soundly..."

"And you also carried me here from your bedroom?"

"That was the best part..." he grinned widely. "My princess sleeping so soundly in my arms..."

I couldn't help but smile at him. Nigel was really a man of unpredictability... and surprises.

"Now, let's do something entertaining," he said as he held my hand.