Misconceptions

Começar do início

My eyes opened and I saw his face. 

 His face lit up with happiness when i awoke but something was different. 

"Andrew?" I whispered. I didn't know how I felt. I could have gone back to my old life, resume what was left. 

But I was also relieved. And that scared me. 

"Yea, it's me. Here let me help you," Andrew aided me as I struggled to get off the cold wooden floor. "Elena, are you alright? You're insanely weak right now. I don't understand where you lost all your strength from."

As if someone clicked a switch, all of last night raced through my mind, reminding me of the real cause of waking Andrew. 

I urgently took his and led him to my room. 

"What's going on Elena?" Andrew questioned though not in much worry. We now stood near my bed.

"Here," I pointed to my messy bed, "I heard the voice here. It was telling me we're in danger. Something's wrong Andrew." I exerted as much concern and fret as I could. 

"Elena, it's not possible." Andrew took my hand gently "In order for someone to enter your mind and deliver a message, they need to know where you are. We," He looked around, "We are in a very well protected cabin. There is no way anyone can find us. The cabin is not even personally linked to us. If one of us grew up here, it would be different but none of us did." He kindly assured me, and ended it will a generous smile. 

I was confused but couldn't comprehend with my brain switching on and off. I climbed into and and waited for sleep to arrive. 

Andrew POV 

I watched as Elena fell asleep. As i turned to go back, I noticed a bottle on the floor. I grabbed the almost empty bottle and read the label even though I already knew what it was. I'd have to have that talk with Cameron after. 

The Next Day

(Andrew's POV)

I was standing in the kitchen gathering the ingredients for breakfast. 

"okay we've got the sugar, the butter, eggs and the cream cheese" I noted to myself. "Where are the lemons?" I left the materials gently on counter and checked the refrigerator. I saw a couple of lemons and grabbed them when my gaze fell upon some huckleberries. I smiled and grabbed them too. Huckleberries are my favourite berries. 

I set the fruits on the counter and collected the last materials. As I poured vanilla extract into a tablespoon, Vanessa walked into the kitchen.