Stroll Through Memory Lane

Song Of The Chapter: Don't Let Me Go by Raign

REMEMBER TO READ, COMMENT, AND VOTE!

Cool air swiftly brushed on my skin. I strolled out and viewed the endless woods that surrounded our small cabin of safety. Of protection.

I gazed at the cabin. The crusty wooden planks. The old antiques. The ancient glass pane.

Vanessa's window was on the left side of the entrance, so I turned that way. As I went, I tried not stare right into the dark woods.

Suddenly a surge of painful memories raced all at once through my mind. It felt as if the flashbacks burned the veins in my brain. Each and every moment. Every memory.

I gasped and hit the side of the cabin with my back

I gasped and hit the side of the cabin with my back. I held my head, trying to stop the pain and the memories with it. I already had so much on my plate, I didn't want to add more. I felt tears form in my eyes, as the excruciating pain doubled. I gripped onto the wall of the cabin, as if it could somehow decrease the pain. Slowly, it did.

"Oh...my.." I deeply breathed in between each word, because i realized i was holding my breathe the entire time.

I continued to make my way to Vanessa's window. I grunted as I went, grasping my pounding head with one hand and using the house as support with the other.

Just then another wave of flashbacks entered my brain. This time, it felt slower.

It felt real

It felt real. I could almost hear the words. 

"I owe you everything."

"you are the woman that I love"

"If it was my choice, i'd want to be with you forever"

"you're the love of my life"

"because through all this, you are the only thing that has kept me from giving up"

"you wont be sad forever"

"i love you. I will always  love you"

The world spun around me. 

Slowly. 

Time ticked. 

Slowly. 

I could do nothing but hear the words overlap in my mind along with the agonizing pain and visuals. 

I could feel every single moment as if it was recurring. Why was I having painful remembrances of the past? The torment and torture practically set my brain on fire. Sweat formed and drenched my clothing. My hands felt numb for gripping on my head so hard. 

Then I heard another the same voice. But this time, the feeling i felt was different. 

"i will not let anything happen to you"

"she is honestly the most beautiful being i have ever seen"

"i wont let you suffer"

"my name's Andrew by the way"

That was it. I couldn't take it anymore. 

Then it was all black. 

*

*

*

The stars shone brightly in the night sky when my eyes finally opened. 

How long was I out for? 

I didnt have enough energy to think about what had just happened. I turned to go back to the door but the moon's appearance astonished me. 

"oh my..god.." 

The moon glistened in the sky. But it was no ordinary moon. 

"how is this possible?" I whispered in awe at the sight of the moon. The Full Moon. "I don't understand. There's only been one night since the last full moon. Last night. How can there be two full moons in a row?" 

I was perplexed as to how there could be two full moons in a row. Just then, something rustled in the distance. The wind started to blow and gust through the trees, whistling along with the howls of the wolves.  I knew there were beasts lurking through the woods, I knew the moment Vanessa looked out the window. But now, circumstances changed a little so I decided to return back. 

I gazed at the moon one last time and finally headed off. 

On the front steps, I felt the breeze flow through my clothes. 

"ooh, its getting chilly" I shivered, holding my arms. Who knows how long I was passed out? It was probably midnight. 

I reached out to open the front door. But it was locked. Now I was scared. I continuously shook the door knob. It even seemed as if I was losing my breath. I remembered I left the key on the drawer inside. Through the vertical rectangular window, I checked for the key. 

It was gone.

Goosebumps arose on my skin, and the hair on the back of my neck stood on end. I shivered violently, but not from the cold this time. 

I heard a twig snap nearby. 

I gulped. 

I tricked you for a second huh? "but the moon's appearance astonished me."    Don't worry the chapter for the super blue moon is not too far away. but in the meantime, let's add some suspense and mysteryy:)